1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My goldfish is chasing my other goldfish.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I have two feeder goldfish in my tank for about 5 months now with my two oscars. Apparently, the oscars don't both the goldfish what so ever, even when the goldfish's head constantly nudges the oscars mouth the oscar does nothing whatsoever. Anyways, I have grown acustomed to keeping the goldfish, however, for some reason one of the goldfish is chasing the other goldfish none stop and it is ramming his head into the other goldfishes bottom and side to the point where I think its going to seriously harm the other goldfish. I know that they are too young to breed, but why are they doing this?

2. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Thats what my male guppy does to the female :wink:

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That definitely sounds like breeding behavior to me. How big are they? How long have you had them?

-Chelle

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I personally think that they are wayyyyy to young. I have had them for about 5 months now and the two of them are about 3/3.5 inches.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I have fantails & shubunkins that are 3" and 4" respectively and they're breeding. But they're smaller varieties than commons. And I just did some looking around and found a site that said they can start breeding anywhere from 9 months to 2 years. So assuming yours where 4 months when you got them (which sounds reasonable), I'd say it's possible that they are breeding.

BTW, do any of them have little white bumps on their gill plates?

-Chelle

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Wow! That would be great. As for the white bumps I haven't really checked.

7. M_wm

M_wm New Member

wow 9 months-2 years is so long :shock: