1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my house is getting new carpet...

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by kem, Aug 29, 2005.

1. kem

kem New Member

We are getting our house recarpeted and we know that there are fumes involved with new carpeting that can be harmful to birds. How long should my bird be out of the house? When we repainted he was out of the house for about four days and he was fine. However, the people who are doing the carpet say that carpet glue is way more dangerous for animals than paint fumes are. Does anybody have any clue??????????

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

If the carpet fitter is using a very strong smelling glue then i would recomend that the birds be out of the house for about 1-2weeks, If there is only a slight smell then a few days to a week will be fine.

I have decorated my whole house aswell as fitted carpets while my birds have been in the home but i always have the windows and doors open while i am doing this, I also use non toxic paints and i used carpet tracks to hold the carpet in place rather than using glue.

Mike

3. kem

kem New Member

thanx for your advice. my mother just explained to me how they were putting on the carpet. they won't be using a lot of glue. they will only be using it on the corners and edges. i'm going to have him boarded or go to my friend's house for a week or so before I bring him back home. again, thanks for the advice.