1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My kittycats! (pix)

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by karen_80, Sep 9, 2004.

1. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

These are my babies. Hope they aren't too big!! :oops: (the pix, I mean).

In there somewhere is baby Simon, aka "whyyoulittle#$^%!"...can you find him? :) He's 9 months old now.

[​IMG]

Tigger (aka Elvis, Snugglebunny) is my ex-con kitty. He 'resided' at Dorchester penetentiary until he was brought to me. He lived there the first nine years of his life and was 'smuggled out' by one of the guards. He's almost 18 years old now.

[​IMG]

This is 2 year old Molly, or 'Molinshka'. I went to the pet store to get some fish food and came home with her. The only cat I ever "rescued" from a pet store..

[​IMG]

Puck - 8 years and 18lbs of marmie.....aka Biggie, Tupuck, Bighead, etc etc etc.... wanting me to turn the lights out & go to bed. He's my big boy - I can actually hear his feet hitting the carpet when he's walking around at night. :lol:

[​IMG]

...on one of his trips in his previous life as an indoor/outdoor kitty.. :)

[​IMG]

and with his best buddy, Fraidy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Fraidycat healthy and about five years old (he almost always had one red eye!!) He lived with a colony of cats that took us 2 years to catch but we finally managed to get them all, *one day* before the mama of the colony gave birth to 7 more pure white kittens!! (under a bed in a warm house, thank god!) The entire colony was pure white except for Niki, who is very light sand-colored. Fraidycattle was true to his beginnings right to the end, feral-wise.

[​IMG]

And this was the Sunday before he had to be euthanized. He had cancer and had had his tumor removed a month before this, but in that month grew another, larger than the first. I had taken him to the vet the day before but couldn't do it - I wasn't ready....they gave him enough fluids to keep him alive until Monday and after that weekend I just couldn't make him go through it anymore. I am grateful that I got to say goodbye, hold him in my lap and rub his ears and give him kisses that night, because I had never before held him in all the years he was with us. :cry:

[​IMG]

I took a bunch of pictures of him that weekend, both to have, and to reassure myself that it needed to be done, so I could look back on it and see he was miserable, and not feel horrible. <sigh> He's not in a cage here - I lined my whole patio with chicken wire so my babies won't fall, and he was soaking up the day's last bit of sunshine out on the deck.

I don't have any pix of Goliath yet (aka Hoppygrowler). He's an old guy (they say well over 15 years) that was at the SPCA for 11 months - they kept telling me that the cages were too small for him. I looked at him on the petfinders site for a month, waiting for his picture to flip over to the 'happy tails' but it never did. One day I just couldn't stand to see him there anymore and adopted him. We had a hard time at first but he's finally settled in and is 23 lbs (at the last weigh in) of old, ornery, arthritic, nipping, biting fun. :lol:

And for every life ended, there are new little souls.

[​IMG]

These gorgeous kitties are the newest fosters!!

2. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

those r to cute!!!!tigger looks like my jason....and molly looks like my chyanne....lol

3. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

ommagosh they are all so adorable! and the armfulls of love at the bottom made me wimper... all fuzzy wuzzy and soft...

thank u for sharing those pics!

4. nern

nern New Member

Thanks for sharing...they are all so adorable! :D

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

OKAY...MAYBE I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE...AND MAYBE ITS ABOUT THAT TIME OF MONTH OR SOMETHING...BUT I GOT ALL TEARY EYED LOOKING AT THESE PICTURES. I AM STILL CRYING....I THINK ITS THE ORANGE KITTY...REMINDS ME OF OTIS, AND SIMON IN THAT FIRST PICTURE..SO TINY...SO ADORABLE...AND THEN YOUR KITTY PASSING. ITS JUST SO SAD TO ME. I LOVE ALL THE KITTIES...AND I WEEP LIKE A BABY WHEN THEY ARE SICK OR PASS ON. JUST MAKES MY HEART ACHE. :cry:

I THINK ITS WONDERFUL THAT YOU HAVE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL KITTIES...AND THAT YOU FOSTER. :y_the_best:

6. vene

vene New Member

They are so beautiful! :eek: :eek: :eek: Tigger looks a lot like Lynn's Otis. So sweet! You have/had a wonderful lot of furbabies! More pics please! [-o<

7. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

That first picture is too cute! All your furbabies are so adorable! I can never get enough of kitten pictures!

lynnhaz
    I can say that you are definately not.....When I read about Fraidycat I got teary eyed...I can picture him sunning with my Milo.

Karen...you are a wonderful, caring, furmommy! I can't wait to see pictues of Goliath.

8. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Wonderful Pics! :eek: Such beautiful cats. Your foster kitties are so cute! :mrgreen:

9. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:( :wink: (i love that picture of milo in the sun....)

10. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

Heh, I'm not biased but they're all just honeys! :love_y_t_much:

I've got a ton of film of the foster babies I've had over the past year, just need them developed. No shortage of kitten pix here! lol. Got some angora kits, some himalayan/siamese babies, medium hair, short hair... <gg> I had 16 foster kittens from Feb to April, before the ringworm took us out for the year. ARGGH! Ah well, next summer we'll be ready for more!

I miss fraidy, too, but I know he's happily chasing butterflies and catching mice, and being company for my mom. :)