1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my kuhli loach is always hiding!!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by dougie_090, Apr 21, 2005.

1. dougie_090

dougie_090 New Member

My kuhli loach is always hiding and i have had it for several months now and evey time i clean the tank in full it always comes out from hiding! i can never see where it could be hinding as ther are alot of hiding places! .. i have tried to block entrances to some of them but futher help would be very very helpful!!

thanks in advance

Doug

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I was also planning on getting Coolie loaches. Its good now that i know they like being in groups. i was only gonna get 2, and its good to know they like dark places so i will set up a little cave for em. That article is very usefull.

4. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Watch out if you are using regular pea sized gravel, as they like to dig themselves in. Look for scratches on their slime coat, they like sand substrate better. As for hiding, they are usually very active. Unfortunately the local stores around here don't carry them anymore. Try feeding them some sinking carnivore or bottom feeder food. Maybe that will get them out. What other types of fishes do you have them with and how many gallons is the tank?

5. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

I inherited 2 loaches about 2 years ago and have barely seen them at all.
    They aren't fond of bright light and tend only to come out at night to feed.

6. dougie_090

dougie_090 New Member

thanks 4 that!!......

but i would also like to no wot i use 4 feeding the kuhli loach as som1 sed in an earlia ppost that i should use a sinkin food or live food for the kuhli loach! wot would i use is the basic question!! lol

thanks

Doug