1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My LIL guy passsed away...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by erin, Feb 1, 2005.

1. erin

erin New Member

I am so sad my lil fish ( Betta) pestachio died this morning. I dont understand I have had him for 2 years and I just moved him into a 10 gallon tank and it seems that he was happy. then again he had a white ball under his lil chin. i wonder if it was a tumor. I had just changed the tank last night, I checked the water temp but it was fine.
    RIP lil Pestachio

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I'm very sorry.

It could have been a tumor or just plain old age. I believe the avg. lifespan of a betta is about 2-3 years (althought some can live longer) and chances are if you got him from the LFS he was probably 6 months or older already.

3. erin

erin New Member

thank you. he was so sweet he would come up to the glasss and puff up at me . i know he loved the attention . or when i walked into the room he always new it was me. :m30:

4. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

unfortunatly, betta's arent that long lived, LF dont sell them till theyre fully grown and then they only have a few years left on top of they're full growth.

mine have never lived that long.

i am sorry that he has died, but he lived a fulfilling life.

It could have been a tumer. i had a ball like mark on one of my mollies, and he died after it came back the second time. it was deff a tumer on him, so it seems the same on your betta.

im very sorry.

5. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Oh im so sorry!!!!

HE was truly a :m30: :m30: