1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my little girl!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by juice1348, Sep 18, 2004.

1. juice1348

juice1348 New Member

I dont know if any of you remember me talking about my little pup Avary, a while back. Anyway, she is now 7 mos old. She had a nasty little biting problem, but is now much better. Sometimes when she is not getting the attention she wants she will bite my hands still, but she is learning. She is sooooo loving to everyone she knows and is very smart. She is wonderful really.

She, though, is veryyy protective. I know they say Amstaffs and APBT arent normally good watchdogs but she is. Im not saying I wanted her to be like this, but its the way she is. I take her to the dog park and petsmart all the time and she is great with people and unbelieavable with other dogs, BUT if a person she doesnt know walks up to her at night near our apartment or comes in the house or near the car shes in, she will seriously get pissed. She is properly socialized, but I guess she is going to be like that. I will do everything proper to make sure she never gets at anyone. She is just very protective of me, the house and her car. What do you guys think?????

2. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

My dogs are like this with me and my family, but not the car or house. On several ocassions, I've had Maggie give a serious growl when someone approaches us and it's dark so she can't clearly see who it is. But I tell her "It's okay", and she forgets about them. One thing about APBT's is that they are very good at discerning what is ominous and what isn't (a rapist sneaking up behind you versus a little kid running past). If she were mine, I'd just keep an eye on her to see if her behavior develops into anything different/worse. It sounds like she's just protective of you guys. Got any pics of her?

3. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

My dogs are kinda like this. If anyone raises there hand to me or anyone that she really knows she will go in for the kill(bark). She makes sure she sleeps by me ever night. If i go out for a little vacation or go to the store and she cant come she crys(my family says). I hope they stay like that way. Makes me fool good when i know i am loved! 8)