1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My new fur babies.

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi everyone. :D Two weeks ago I went to a shelter and picked out two of the sickliest/least adoptable kittens there. I figured, they had the least likely chance of finding a forever home. Boy were they a mess. They both had colds/upper respiratory infections, conjunctivitis, worms, oily lifeless fur and on and on. Anyway, I wanted them to be as healthy as can be before I posted here at Auspet about them. They spent most of their first week with me going to vet visits and doing everything we could to make them all better. They are both doing great. They tested negative for all the scary diseases and are now in 100% good health. I still miss my Handsome so much, but I'm glad I was able to help two less fortunate kittens. Here are some pics below of Romeo (11 weeks, male grey and white) and Juliet (10 weeks, female black/dark brown with a few white hairs). :mrgreen:

Romeo and Juliet lounging:
    [​IMG]

Romeo and Juliet still lounging:
    [​IMG]

I've been harness training them. They are doing so good! These were taken in the park today. They had a lot of fun, but boy is it hard to take pics and hold onto two leashes with two kittens that each want to go in different directions.
    [​IMG]
    This was also at the park today. They found this tree and were in love with it. Romeo ran over to it and managed to climb up pretty far even though he had his harness on. Lucky for me I'm tall and quickly got him down. In this pic Romeo is looking at a wild rabbit that he really wanted to chase after, but I didn't let him.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the last pic of Romeo looking at the tree he loves and just getting ready to try and climb it again. I only let him go up about three feet, before I bought him down again.
    [​IMG]

Anyway, they did all the major harness training indoors and in my yard. It was really quite easy to train them both. :mrgreen:

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :y_the_best: :y_the_best: :y_the_best: :p :p :p

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

okay now I can take the time to type....and we know they'll have great dental care too :wink:

So very happy for these 2 kittens (well and you too but more importantly 2 needy kittens get a great home).

4. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Wow, awesome. Quite a couple of cuties, and they sure were lucky to find you. Good luck to all of you! I have been seriously thinking about getting a harness/leash for my kitty, and your pics are inspiring.

Congrats, and thanks for all the good that you are doing with these needy kittens. Very commendable!

5. nern

nern New Member

How wonderful Chessmind!! :eek:
    They are beautiful....great names you picked too! I'm so excited for you. I love the pictures. :eek: :eek:

6. mybigfunny

mybigfunny New Member

:D You're such a great person! They look like healthy, beautiful little kitties. Absolutely adorable and very lucky. I wanna give'm lots a kisses!

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Congrats Chessmind! I'm so happy for you and those 2 lucky kitties! I'm glad harness training was successful. You'll have so much fun taking them out with you. They're gorgeous!

8. vene

vene New Member

:0018: Congrats on the new arrivals Romeo + Juliet. They are so precious and they are in great hands. They are so beautiful, relaxed, and happy that it's hard to believe they were so sickly when you got them. I wish I knew about harness training Venus and Milo. It's too late now but you've just inspired me to harness train any future kittens we get. I love Romeo's last pic. He looks so regal. Have you enclosed the porch yet for the little ones? Not that you need to right away. It looks like the furballs are having so much fun in the park! I'm so happy for you and the kittens! :eek: :eek: :eek:

9. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Vene - it's never too late to harness train! I got Moe as a stray from the Humane Society at 2 years old. I harness trained her about 6 months after I got her. It takes a bit of time with older cats, but definitely possible. PM me if you want any tips or advice!

10. vene

vene New Member

Thank you Halaroo, check your PM.

11. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Ok - I sent you a reply Vene. Best of luck in your adventure, should you choose to take it!

12. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the nice comments. :mrgreen: Vene, I have not enclosed my patio yet, but I will. Right now they get to go outside a lot on their harnesses. Nern, I didn't have names for them for a whole week! I was calling them 'little boy' and 'little girl.' MyBigFunny, it's so good to see a reply from you. I hardly ever see your posts here. Are your computer problems resolved? I have to get ready for work now, so I'll finish my replies to everyone tonight.

13. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:eek: sweet, sweet. sweet little ones that are so lucky to have a pawpaw that loves them are cares for them. they are adorable...so cute together. i just saw this post...i said "oh my God! he got some kitties!!!" i like the little story with the pictures. and the harnesses...they look like they have always been in them.

by the way...im thinking...now how old are these kittens...because of course max has been so stunted in the past. the kittens look about his size!!! although he is growing pretty well at this point.

really glad for you chessmind.... :y_the_best:

14. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

They are so beautiful Chessmind and so lucky to have found you. You can see the love in their eyes in that picture with the two of them on the cushion. Congrats!

15. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

They're oh so cute! It's so great to see someone take the sick kittens and make they happy, healthy kitties! It looks like you're taking great care of them! :D

16. footsie

footsie New Member

yey!!

So cute. Romeo reminds me of Tom from Tom & Jerry. They look like they're getting along well.

17. vene

vene New Member

Footsie, that's it! Romeo looks like Tom from Tom and Jerry. I just couldn't put a finger on it.

18. mybigfunny

mybigfunny New Member

Hey Chessmind :wink:

I'm only able to check out the board once in a while here at work, and I had to post quick because it was so nice to hear good things from you.

I did get my internet explorer upgraded at home but everything just takes so long to down-load, and it's frustrating wasting so much time. I pretty much just do email at home. If I needed to use my home computer more, I would have to get DSL, but I don't really do enough on it to be worth all the extra $.

Anyway, I try to peek in here whenever I get a chance cause it's a friendly board.

Have fun w/ little Romeo and Juliet! Love the names :D

19. Rene

Rene New Member

Congrats and they are so cute love the colors

Good luck to you and them

20. honeybears

honeybears New Member

they are just precious :D

honeybear