1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My new kittens

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Rene, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Hello i only have one complaint about butters and fonzi they wont stop scratching my furniture little brats are climbing my chairs and my couch i stop them and put them on their scratcher but they go right back i hope my furniture will survive kitten hood :shock: on the other hand all my fur babies are getting along great espically fonzi and oscar they were both laying on top of the cat scratcher and oscar was licking fonzi :lol: so cute. I feed oscar and whiskers on the counter so the yorkies dont get their food and since butter and fonzi are so small (and need kitten food) i was feeding them on the floor well they decided they were big kittys and use my chair to jump on the counter and eat with the big cats. little buggers

Rene

2. nern

nern New Member

Double sided sticky tape might help deter them from climbing up the couch. Might be worth a try. Glad to hear everyone is getting along well.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

took so long for the reply to do something forgot what I was going to reply :shock: that's amazing :p

thinking....oh yeah I have to feed my cats on the counter too otherwise they'd starve to death cause my dog thinks the cat food is just for her.

You can also buy a cat repellent you can spray on your furniture. It doesn't have an offensive odor to people but cats hate it. I had luck with the stuff with my Sessy girl. She would start to go to the sofa, get a sniff and then make a wide berth away from the sofa. She wouldn't touch it.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Rene. Your kitten's names are so cute. :mrgreen: I would try what Nern and Mary_NH suggested. It's so important to train your kittens at a young age to not do certain things that you don't like. It's also important to be consistent with any training. If you do, you will end up having very well mannered cats (assuming they don't have any behavioral/medical problems). Good luck with the training. Just so you know, I also have two kittens, that I am training to not do certain things as well. So far Romeo and Juliet are doing great with their training.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

thanks for the advice i will try the tape just because my mother now lives with me and if i sprayed something (even oderless) she would say she could smell it and she cant breath (she is on oxgyn) so i will try the tape so far picking them up and putting them on their post kinda works i know it's going to take time since they are young.

Chessmind i love your kittys names also :eek:

6. scaredkitty

scaredkitty New Member

it took 3 different kinds of scratching posts before my cat took to one...some cats just prefer different materials..if the one you have is soft...try getting one with a burbour like carpet material on it, thats my cats favorite...if thats what you have try a different one...and some cats prefer wood to scratch...some like horizontal...just take note of what they scratch the most, and the material...and go find something as simillar as you can...as soon as we brought the 3rd one home, my cat took to it, and she hasn't scratched a piece of furniture since.