1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Newer Betta! 2

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Since, Snowflake, my white male betta died, I came home to find my parents bought a new fish bowl, gravel, and betta food, water conditioner and a new blue male betta. I felt quite happy and got a new start, however, the male isn't very active, is very sluggish and I can't really bond with it like my Snowflake, and seems more untame. Oh well, hopefully he will be more active in the morning.

2. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

Thats cool to hear you got a new Betta. He's probably just getting used to you. Hope he's better in the morning.

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Congrats on your new bette.

From my experience with them they each have their own personalities. Some can be super affectionate while others won't even give you the time of day.

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks for your replies. He seems to be a bit livlier, but this one doesn't seem too active as the other one, he is more lazy and just lies at the bottom all day or floats in the same spot all day and hardly moves. He seems a lot more afraid of people and I don't want that, but hopefully he is getting use to his habitat cause he is making a bubble nest, so hopefully that is a good sign.

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i have one that will always watch me and follw me aorund, and my sister had one that would only jsut sit there and watch, would not interact with anyone.

6. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

Is his tank heated? Bettas are more active in warm water. He is also probably still frightened at his new environment. Some Bettas have more personality also. They really are neat fish...good luck with him... :D

7. otmmy205

otmmy205 New Member

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

No his bowl is not heated, but it is in an area that is it always at a constant warm temperature.