1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My pup got sick.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by NickSter7715, Sep 25, 2006.

1. NickSter7715

NickSter7715 New Member

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been gone for a while, but my pup, Cody was really sick. At first, he was just acting funny. He hid under the bed, he just layed around all day, and he slept in til noon everyday. We thought he was just tired from extra excersie or somthing. But then he stopped eating, and he was throwing up foamy white stuff and he was pooping blood. We were going to take him to the vet as soon as my brother got home, but then he started shaking everythine he would exhale, so then we rushed him to the vet They kept him for 2 days, and said his liver counts were way too high. we got to bring him home one of the nights, with an IV in his right arm.(in pics) But when he was home that night he mosly slept. we did get him to play a little bit, but not much. now, he's been home for a while and he's 100% better. I was just so worried about him, the vets couldn't determain how serious it really was, so we didn't know wat we were dealing with. They said he had alot of gas in his stomach. He must have eaten poisen or somthing. But he's fine now, so I'll be on more often, and Cody will be staying away from absolutly anything that can fit in his mouth. haha.
    -Nicole

Here's him sleeping:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see where the IV is wrapped up:
    [​IMG]

We got him to play for a little bit here(sorry, a little blurry):
    [​IMG]

And here's him laying down some more:
    [​IMG]

2. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

I am so happy to hear that your cody is doing better! That's so super scary!! I had a similar scare two years ago with my bailey, but doesn't sound as bad as your cody..... thank goodness he is doin well! it's kind of a bummer not knowing the 'exact' issue/reason tho... :( but regradless it's a good thinkg hes all better! Good thing you got him to the vet[/b]