1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My puppy has not been eating for 3 days

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by wpblady20, Apr 30, 2004.

1. wpblady20

wpblady20 New Member

:cry:
    My white boxer puppy, named Bila, has not been eating for 3 days already. She is about 10 weeks old and she got her second set of puppy shots last thursday, 4/22/04. She hasn't been eating since tuesday and i haven't seen her drinking neither. We went to the vet yesterday,4/29/04 and she gave her two shots, one for stomach and one for sleeping. She said if she won't eat today,4/30/04, we have to take her back for IV..i think to be put on the injekcion that gives her fluids and nutritions. As bad as it sounds, we don't have money for that... Her nose is cold today, but not wet and she's been sleeping all day yesterday and all night. Can somebody help me and let me know that could i give her that she would eat?She lost 3 pounds in a week. Don't know what to do.Thanks for answers. Renata

2. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

ask the vet for a payment plan. if she wont eat anything at all then this is the only option. otherwise your pup may die. if you bought a pup you should of been prepared financially wise, because lots of things can go wrong with pups.

3. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

I agree--things happen with puppies-- they get sick, they have to have their shots and eventually be fixed, etc. If you can't afford these things then you shouldn't have gotten the puppy in the first place. Your only option at this point is to take this pup to the vet if you want to do what's best for the puppy. Most veterinarians will work out payment plans.

4. Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your Puppy :( It's so hard when our furbabies get sick! Did your vet rule out parvo? your pup must get fluids in him or unfortunantly he will die :( and at his tender young age, he's still developing, and because of that he may have other problems as well.

Please do try to work out a payment plan with your vet. Most vets will work with you to pay the bill, but if that one won't! go see another one.

Try some pedialite that you get for children, you can find that at any grocery or drug store. Use a turkey baster (sp) and forse it down him every 2 hrs. (even at night) if he does begin to drink water on his own, give him some boiled chicken (mashed) and perhaps some yogurt (plain)

Please keep us posted!

Susan

5. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I have also heard that baby food is good for dogs with a tummy ache. You may also try to make your puppy some chicken with rice. Maybe a little bit of gravy to make it taste better.

6. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Pedialite works wonders! But please take him to the vet. If the vet says there is no payment plan, let him know your situation. Also ask about home remedies you can give him to help as well. This may cut down on cost.

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

What about Nutrical for puppies. Check it out. Does your pup have any kind of discharge coming from his nose. Any cough. He could have had a reaction to the shots too. Bring him to another vets office.

8. seebr

seebr New Member

Please take your puppy back to the vet and explain your situation. As the others have said, they may have a payment plan. If the pupply has already gone 3 days without eating, it could be dehydrated and needs IV fluids to flush out the toxics that it making it not want to eat. The vet should do blood work to find out the cause.
    The longer you wait the more it will cost you or (and I hate to say this :cry: ) you will end up with a dead puppy.

Please keep us posted!