1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My ropefish is going psycho!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

For some odd reason when I put my ropefish in my divided tank, it just started to dart around in the glass like a psycho path what should I do? Also, its going on the hunger strike that I tried so hard to break, what should I do to get its appetite back? I need suggestions! Thanks! :oops:

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Feed it like usal, fish will get food when their hungry enough. Also, you might want to keep the room its in dark, might help wih stress.

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Trust me, my ropefish would starve itself even if food was right in front of it, I even didn't eat for two weeks and I don't want that to happen again. Thanks for your post!

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You can't force feed a fish so your best bet is to just offer it food, hope it eats, and keep an eye out for signs of disease.

As for the darting around, was the pH the same in both tanks?

-Chelle

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yes, I know I can't force feed a fish, and yes, the pH in both tanks are the same. It is just that I know I can't make the fish eat, but, I really don't want it to starve death, even when I try change its diet in hopes of finding it something it likes, it still does eat and I hate seeing a fish that starves itself. Maybe if a try feeder guppies it might eat it!

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

At this point I wouldn't use any type of food other then you've been using, If you feed it a guppy then you run the risk of it ignoring the other things you've been trying to feed it... then he'd be hooked on live food which other then a treat/snack isn't greaet. Hope he starts eating, and test your water to make sure its the same exact levels as he's used to... Prabably shellshocked :shock:

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, I check my water but it is iight. Thanks for the posts!

8. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

I had the same thing with mine when I had it and when I gave it away they just get stressed really easy I would just try and make if comfy if you know I mean I feed it as you normally do I remember that mine loved blood worm I just put them in his glass bottle that he loved so much

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Alright, thanks very much, finally someone that can relate!

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

maybe put a glass bottle in there like i did mine loved it almost never came out tho
    that was his home
    i used one of those 2 litre glass cola bottles

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

What kind of glass bottle?

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

just any glass bottle, as long as there are no chips, crakcs in in and the label abnd everything was removed.

13. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i used a glass cocacola bottle

14. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I was just wondering how your ropefish is now, did he end up relaxing and eating? Hope he did :D

15. Nameless

Nameless New Member

He's a bit more calm and mellower, but, my major concern is the fact that he still will not eat.

16. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Also, Fish Addict, should the glass container be dark or see through?