1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My serpae tetra is laying eggs! READ AND REPLY ASAP!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by scooter, Mar 3, 2005.

1. scooter

scooter New Member

My serpae tetra is laying eggs. There is a male in my tank. My serpae tetra is laying eggs. They fish aren't eating them. How long does it take for thm to hatch? My friend researched it for me. What the research she had done said that it takes one or two days. Another person said a week (5 days). Which is true? I have done research after research and found nothing. Thanks.

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

im not sure, but usually with eggs i think your friend is right with the 2 days....psot some pics.........and BTW, amber colored eggs are usually fertilized and white eggs are non fertilized and have fungus.

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've heard 24-28 hours.

If you're planning on raising the fry you might want to remove the parents as they may start eating the eggs and some of the fry.