1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my shih-poo won't eat

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by ChewysMom, Mar 9, 2005.

1. ChewysMom

ChewysMom New Member

I just got a 9 week old shih-poo and he weights 2.7lbs he is not eating very well not sure what to do? I have talked to the vet he goes in on Thursday for his first puppy visit. The vet and the pet store told me to try putting baby formula into his food it helped a little but not much they say he should be eating 1/4 to 1/3 cups of food three to four times per day and he maybe eats !/2 of what I give him each time. Not sure what to do can anybody help me?

2. ChewysMom

ChewysMom New Member

Just talked to the vet again and she said that his energy levels are good and that he is probally eating just enough to get him by right now but to give it a few more days for him to adjust to his new home and he should start eating.

3. Valentina

Valentina New Member

I have a 13 week old Chi-poo. I got her at 10 weeks when she weighed approximately 2 lbs. It took a few days to get accustomed to her new home and to eat a good meal. However, even today at 13 weeks and close to 5lbs. she still only eats maybe 3/4 cup of dry. Just make sure you are using a quality puppy food. Many quality foods require less intake than the more commercial brands.