1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

my sisters sick pug

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by klorentz, Feb 2, 2006.

1. klorentz

klorentz New Member

Hi folks I know its been a while but I need some help. My sisters pug is not acting normal. He has been laying around a lot and seems not to be able to keep food and water down. He is listless and not his happy energetic self . Any help would be great.

Kevin

2. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Sounds like a vet visit is in order.

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

best help is a vet

4. klorentz

klorentz New Member

I agree but they are paying on one vet bill right now. I am going to talk to my vet and see about a check up. I am going to see about helping them out.

Kevin

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Are signs something serious is going on and really needs to see a vet.
    It may be nothing but i have a feeling something is really wrong.

How long has he been like this???

Let us know how he gets on...

Mike

6. klorentz

klorentz New Member

It just started about 48 hours ago. I am very worried. my sister is going crazy. One thing aside from the not eating that has me troubled is he vomits shortly after drinking. this could lead to dehidration. I am wondering if pedialite ( plain) might help untill we get him into a vet.

Kevin

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Does he have diarreah, Any blood in his poop.

I am really concerned and suggest seeking veterianry advice ASAP ask the vet about a payment plan most will do this.

He does however need to see a Vet, 48hours is a long time to be going without eating or drinking.
    Dehydrated will be very quick because of him vomiting.
    Grip the fur on the back of his neck so it pulls up and then let go this should drop straight back down in position if it takes a few seconds he is dehydrated.

Give him ice chips to get some fluid into him.
    Try giving him pedialite but get him to the vet ASAP the quicker the diagnosis the better chances he will have the longer the wait the higher the risk of something disaterous happing to him.

Mike

8. klorentz

klorentz New Member

No signs of parvo. I am sending an e-mail to my vet. should have a reply in the morning.

Kevin

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

you might want to use your phone, not email. :?

10. klorentz

klorentz New Member

I would but i do not have a phone at the moment.

Kevin

11. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

To be honest an email is not really the best way to go another few hours wait will make whatever is wrong with him worse and harder for the vet to treat...

Please let me know what happens

Thanks

Mike

12. klorentz

klorentz New Member

I know but the vet will not be in till morning and he will respond. he is very good about that.

Kevin

13. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Well i hope its nothing serious

let us know how he gets on

Mike

14. klorentz

klorentz New Member

No worries there. I will keep everyone posted. Had my sister check for dehydration. He seems to be ok on that score. Not being at her house I can't judge it myself but as you all say ( which was my thought ) get to the vet ASAP.

Kevin

15. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

What did the vet say is there any news on this poor guy

Mike