1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My sweet little bastard

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by footsie, Sep 26, 2004.

1. footsie

footsie New Member

Footsie went to the vet today to get his yearly boosters. I take him to a low-cost clinic and on Saturdays that have walk-ins only and are packed. First, it took me about 30 minutes to get him into his carrier, and that was with bribing of nice warm chunks of ham. Then we spent a good 45 minutes in the waiting room (which terrified him). Shortly after they took him into the back there was the horrible screaming noise that made every human, cat and dog in the place turn and look at the door. Oh yes, I know that sound, that is my cat. A minute later the tech brought him back out to me and said (rather quickly) something like "Here he is. He's really unhappy right now. We think he's around 13 pounds but he didn't want to be weighed. We couldn't get a safe look at his teeth". That's right. No "safe" look at his teeth. I bet my little bastard bit at least one tech! And its funny that they were about to get him out of his carrier, give him shots, weigh him, try to look at his teeth and get him back in the carrier in 1/4 the time that it took me to box him up in the first place!

I am half embarassed by how uncooperative Footsie is. How did such a gentle person like me end up with a saber tooth rather than a domestic short hair? But what can ya do?

In other news, I have to board him again in two weeks and after today, I know it will be even harder to get him into the carrier!

2. footsie

footsie New Member

oh and I almost forgot!

There was the most adorable little malti-poo puppy in the waiting room with us! It was just the sweetest thing in the world!!! He was so friendly amd just climbing into people laps. I usually am not much of a small dog fan, but that little guy made my heart melt!

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

have you ever tried slipping him some Bach's Rescue Remedy about 1/2 hour before you need to crate him and go off to the vet? Or course the difficult part will actually be getting the Bach's into him...but it would be worth a try to get him to relax a bit at the vets.

4. vene

vene New Member

Hugs to the both of you. :mrgreen:

5. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

:lol: :-k congrats u got him there tho! Many an owner of fainter heart would have given up on the whole idea of trying to get him into the carrier.

hehe he chose YOU remember guess he thought u needed someone like him in your life. ;)

loved the story- though it was a horrid ordeal for u. :y_the_best:

6. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

I usually just wrap my cat up in a towel and shove em' in there. Those little buggers don't like the cushy carriers we get for them do they? Most dogs don't get carriers...they have to walk everywhere on a leash. Oh the indignity! :roll:

7. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Goodness, sounds like you and kitty had a rough day. I'm glad you all got through it in one piece.

We take our kitties to the Vet in a carrier. Socks gives us a hard time when we try to put her in but we manage. :)

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I'm so sorry you both are traumatized!

Luckily, my cats tend to do suprisingly well at the vets. They cleaned Chloe's teeth a while back. When I went to pick her up, they asked if they could keep her.

(I have to admit that I chuckled a little at your post! I can just imagine the noise coming from your cat and getting the news that they 'think' the cat is 13 pounds!)

9. footsie

footsie New Member

Where can you buy the rescue remedy?

10. PilotKitten

PilotKitten New Member

11. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi footsie...otis used to do the same thing...he was such a calm loving cat...very very gentle...but the last three years at the vet...same thing...biting....wailing...

secretaries would look up, look at each other...and say..."is that YOUR cat??"

in eternal flames words *eyes shifting sideways, then down...slinking away hoping nobody notices* :roll: :p :shock:

12. footsie

footsie New Member

I looked at your links pilot. That is the same sort of thing I was finding when I did an online search. The thing that confuses me is that mostly it seems to be available online at herbal type sites and pharmacies. I'm going to have to buy it in person since I don't have time to wait for shipping. I haven't seen it at any online pet stores, or in person at a pet supply store (but then again I haven't looked in person). Maybe a pharmacy or a health food store? I"ll try to get into Wild Oats tonight.