1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

natural vs. colored gravel

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sushi101, Aug 10, 2004.

1. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

I am wondering about peoples opinions on this subject. A friend of my family, who bred and raised angels, advised me never to use colored gravel. I guess it is because of the dyes used . :?:

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Personally i like plain natural color gravel i think with plants it gives a nice look to the area.

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i like the colored gravel. the stuff that is made for use in aquariums has dyes trhat are not harmful to plants or fish.

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

I don't care for colored gravel, but that's just because I prefer a more natural look in my tanks. I doubt that colored gravel would actually hurt any fish if it is rinsed correctly and made for fish.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It all comes down to personal preference (I prefer natural looking sand). If the colored gravel is made for aquariums, then it is safe.

-Chelle

6. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

I like the colored gravel..

I have black gravel with red sprinkled overtop and i also added a few clear flat marbel shaped stones as well. I have a white fake plant and a red fake plant, a fox scull and a lil red cup in there for fish to hide in. It gaves it a very vibrant look. :) Plain gravel is boring to me.