1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice...fast!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Lisa, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Lisa

Lisa New Member

I have a new budgie, he’s about 4 months old and I’ve had him for 1 month or so. My landlord just told me that he hears him all day long and he’s very loud. I work during the day and my landlord stays home with his two children. I don’t want to have to get rid of him. He’s quiet when I’m home with him and probably wants attention during the day. I’ve never heard him get loud. I leave the tv on while I’m at work to keep him company.
    Would it help to leave him covered during the day??? I just feel so bad to have to do that. Is that cruel???? I usually get home around 3:30 PM

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi its nor cruel to cover the cage while your out if this is the only way to keep him quiet but the problem with doing that is when you remove the cover he is going to make more noise when he see's you.

Does he have plenty of toys and mirror to keep him occupied.
    I would suggest getting another bird but that could make the noise worse.

I know budgues mamke alot of noise when bird and when happy.
    The problem with some landlords is they dont like pets or the noise they make.
    Try having a word with him and explain that he only does it when you not in as he misses you and that he is still only a baby he will quieten down as he gets older see if the landlord will accept this.

If not then it will have to be cover his cage and he will then think its sleep time.

mike

3. Lisa

Lisa New Member

thanks

He has a couple of toys in his cage, the rings with a bell, a knotted rope with the wooden blocks and a swing.

I was unsure about putting a mirror in there, 'cause I always heard it's not a good idea if your trying to tame them.

I told my landlord just what you said. That he's still a baby and doesn't like being alone. I covered him partially today... but right now I'm at work and stressing out wondering if he's making noise.

He has a dog, so I don't really think he has a problem with pets. He stays home during the day with his two daughters ( 3yrs and 3 months old), while his wife works.....so maybe he's just stressed out and taking it out on my bird!!

Mirror or no mirror????

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I dont think mirrors cause that much of a problem apart from they can get abit aggitated when the reflection wont chirp back.
    Each owner has there own choice wether to place a mirror in the cage i had them when i had my budgies and i could still handle them.

mike

5. Lisa

Lisa New Member

but...

Is it possible the mirror to cause him to make more noise?

The problem is, when I'm with him, he's fairly quiet... sings more than squawks... so if I try to test it out while I'm home, he may not act the same as he would when I'm at work.

I'd hate to come home and have my landlord knock on the door again.... I know one thing, if he ever tells me the bird has to go, I'm going too!!!

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

You could try placing the mirror in his cage and if possible leave the room and make it sound like you have go out sit quietly for about 1015minutes and see how he reacts.

Mike

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Usually when I leave my budgie with mirror it will make more noise thinking its another budgie with it! For some odd reason mine be quiet when I'm home, the cage is covered or when they are watching t.v! Lol! :eek: