1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice/info on choosing maltepoo

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by gina, Apr 25, 2006.

1. gina

gina New Member

Hi...I am purchasing a maltepoo puppy-what is the difference between toy size and tiny toy-besides size?
    Thanks for any info

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Toy size would be the normal size for a Maltipoo, tiny toy is the equivalent to teacup which is much smaller than the toy size.

Generally I tend to stay away from breeders advertising teacup/tiny toy puppies (especially those advertising them as rare and charging an arm and a leg) as the teacups are nothing more than a much smaller version than the original breed and they tend to have many health problems due to their small size.

3. madeline

madeline New Member

Yes I would tend to stay away from the teacup size maltipoo's too. Just get a regular size one - but they can really vary in size from about 5 to 15 lbs, with mixed breeds you will not be able to count on a certain size anyway. You can get a rough idea from the parents, but its not like a purebred when you can pretty much guarantee size. Madeline is a maltipoo and she is nearly 11 lbs and I think 10 - 12 lbs is just about a perfect size, still small but not too fragile.

4. gina

gina New Member

Thank you for the advice!