1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need advice

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by Meg04, May 5, 2004.

1. Meg04

Meg04 New Member

We worked in the yard all weekend and of course Zoe was outside with us the entire time. This morning I noticed her belly and legs have red marks which appears to be ant/bug bites. Do you know of anything I can do to relieve the itching? Is Benadryl (sp?) cream save to put on animals. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

You can actually give childrens benadryl in the liquid form to your dog just follow the dosage given on the back according to weight.
    My Pekingese has allergies and is also allergic to her vaccinations and has to take benadryl when she has an allergy flare up and also before being vaccinated. Im sure there are Vets who will disagree with me but my Vet was actually the one who recommended it to me rather then having to get expensive allergy shots.
    I would think the cream might be harmful to your dog if he/she licks it off?

3. Angie

Angie New Member

I know a woman who gave her bulldog children's Benadryl (in pill form) and her dog was fine or maybe it was Tylonel sorry, I don't remember.

4. Meg04

Meg04 New Member

Thanks for the advice. I just called my vet and they said that you can put the benedryl cream or spray on the bites to relieve the itching. She said its not harmful if she licks it off. That was my biggest concern. I'll probably just go with the liquid idea to be on the safe side. Thanks again for your help.