1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need advise about picking my dog up tomorrow from the vet

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by LucyLu, Feb 24, 2005.

1. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

She was spay today and everything went fine. I can pick her up tomorrow sometime in the morning after the vet checks her. So I don't know what I should do. Unfortuntely I cannot take the whole day off. I was home with the flu for the entire week last week. Should I go get her as soon as they call me, take her home and stay with her for about an hour, then go back to work. Or should I wait until I get off work to pick her up (I would be at the vet's around 5:30pm) and stay with her all night?? :?:

2. Nik

Nik New Member

I'd wait till I could be there the whole time. Or at least for the night.
    You have to make sure she doesn't nibble at any stitches so she needs keeping an eye on. Do you have a bucket collar just incase she is a nibbler? I didn't have one ready when Floob was neutured and spent the whole night awake watching him, then left my mum watching him the next morning while I ran to the pet shop to buy one.
    Well worth getting!

I forgot to say... Great thing she came through it ok :eek:

3. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Now I am thinking about going to get her at lunch, that way she can be at home resting (I think she would rather be at home in her own bed than at the vet's office) only for a few hours before I come home again.

Yes, the vet is giving us one of those collars. I think Lucy is going to hate it!

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Definately agree with Nik, she should be monitored after being picked up, it'll be easier for you too I think, at least you will know she is being taken care of until you can get there and not worrying that she is by herself.

5. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

OK, so I should wait until after work? I really wish I could just stay home the whole day. I just feel so bad leaving her at the vet's office all day, you know? I think she would be more comfortable at home.

6. Sara

Sara New Member

I'd get her after work to be able to monitor her better... I know if it were me I'd worry all day at work if I went and got her first... Picturing the worst... That's how I am...so that's what I'd do...

7. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Any chance she could come to work with you? (assuming your work place is quite)

8. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

What if you visited her on your lunch break and then took her home after work? I would wait until after work to pick her up if it were me.

9. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Thank you all soooo much for the input! I am going to wait until after work.
    horse - I *wish* I could bring her to work!!!! I would bring her every day if I could :)

10. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Im assuming Lucy is the dog on your avatar? Most techs, kennel staff and vets do this job because of their love of animals (believe me its not for the 'amazing' paychecks) I know that as a tech I consider a very important part of the job is spending time with the pets, a stay in a hospital can be a little over-whelming for them and nothing gives me and I think probably most people in this business more 'job satisfaction' than to spend time with a pet thats a little depressed or scared and 'cheer' them up a bit.

11. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Thanks for the reassurance!!!

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Besides, with such a doll baby like Lucy she is probably being smothered with attention as we speak!

13. LucyLu

LucyLu New Member

Aw, how sweet!
    When I called today, the recepitonist said "Oh Lucy, she is sooo adorable!"
    I get to leave to pick her up in 30 minutes!
    My boss said I could work through my lunch and leave an hour early to pick her up :eek: