1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need Filter Advice

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

2. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Honestly speaking, I have never heard of penguin brand.. I would recommend good brands such as Eheim, Fluval etc.. Remember this idiom whenever u buy something. "Quality over Quanity"

3. EnFuego

EnFuego New Member

That filter sells for about $50 at petsmart or petco, so its a good deal. I've heard a lot or people recommend it over at other forums.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, Fluval & Eheim are good filters and although you really can't over filter a tank, IMO a 24 gallon is a bit too small to warrent a canister filter.

Although I've never used Penguin filters, I have heard good things about them and I think that one is more than enough for a 24 gallon.

-Chelle

5. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Marineland, penguin is a quality product that is American made. They are easy to set up and have two media baskets inside the filter that sit under the water line. The penguin 330 is a hang on the back filter that is very convenient. The filter cartridges are easy to clean and install. They use mechanical, biological, and chemical filtration.
    Fluval and Eheim are cannister filters that sit under the tank and are different than the hang on the back filter you are looking at. I believe that Eheim and Fluval are German made and are also good quality products.

6. tina1

tina1 New Member

That's a good filter. I have a penguin 125 for my 20 gallon and it works like a charm; I just really hate the noise the bio-wheel makes :x

7. RedBellyMike

RedBellyMike New Member

get a CASCADE filter suitable for the size of your tank. CASCADES are quality filters.

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

:lol: Thanks a ton everyone for the responses, I looked at canistor filters and really their two epensive for me until I get a much larger tank, well im more then likely going to get one. The turn over should be more then adaquate in the 24 gallon and again thanks for the replies, makes it much easier to purchase!