1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need help and advice with Convict Chiclid babies

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by starzzz59, Jan 3, 2006.

1. starzzz59

starzzz59 New Member

:eek: Hey everyone,

Shannon here in Pennsylvania. I have a major problem. I am hoping someone can give me advice with. I have in my tank 1 Jewel Chiclid, 1 supposed blood parrot chiclid, 1 convict chiclid and 3 of her babies from the first batch three months ago. No clue who the daddy is but the babies don't look totally like the mother except they have stripes.

Now for the problem, she just had about 150 more babies. I had a very hard time getting rid of the first 150. A local pet store took them but gave nothing in return. What do I do now??? Please Help!!!

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

look around for other pet stores that will give you a store credit at least and i would get a bigger tank

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

oh and can you post pic of the all of the adult fish in this tank

4. oldtchiro

oldtchiro New Member

Convict babies two possible solutions

If you can't find another per store, contact and donate the fish to a local kindergarten or grammer school. The teachers love them and the students learn responsibility.
    Also, and this is definitely an amateur here, if you let the nitrates in your tank get a little higher, the fish won't breed or the eggs won't be viable.
    It worked for me and was totally unintentional. This obviously is not a long term fix.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Re: Convict babies two possible solutions

Considering the health risks involved with high nitrAtes, I don't think that's very advisable.

-Chelle

6. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i can take them if u dont want them