1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

need help quick please

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Jeremydude, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Jeremydude

Jeremydude New Member

my Goldfish is laying on his side on the bottom of the tank.. i took him out of it and put him in his own bowl and dont know what to do, he's just laying on his side on the bottom moving his mouth...

my tank is quite dirty and i had been planning on cleening tomorrow.. but none of my other fish are dying..

what should i do?

2. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Clean out the tank just to be sure that your other fish wont die. About the dying goldfish, there's not much that you can do. Sorry about your fish. I have no idea why he's so sick, but these things just happen sometimes.

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

:( sorry but by the sound of it your fish wont live. :cry: though it is a verrrrrryyyyy important thing that you clean your tank. it may cause death to your other fishes....when was the last time you cleaned your tank? its best if you do about once a week

4. J_acon

J_acon New Member

It could still survive, goldfish are hardy fish, get him some remedies. Check with your lfs.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What size tank is it?
    What other fish are in the tank and how big are they?
    What filter do you have?
    What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte (exact numbers, not "they're fine"?
    How long has it been since you last cleaned it?
    You are using dechlorinator when you add new water to the tank, right?

Putting him in the bowl isn't really a good idea since it's not filtered or aerated. I would put him back in the tank and if the other fish are bothering him, set up a tank divider.

I get the impression ou don't do very frequent water changes so chances are your water parameters are really messed up and he's probably dying from ammonia, nitrIte, and/or nitrAte poisoning. For the time being you should get those readings I asked for (either buy the kits or take some water to the LFS and have them test it) then do a 50% water change.

-Chelle

6. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Even a five gallon bucket with an airstone sounds better than a bowl.
    The airstone will perk it up immediately.