1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

need help with cockatiels

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lindamarie, Jun 26, 2004.

1. lindamarie

lindamarie New Member

my cockatiel just laid their first two eggs. i want to introduce the new nest now, can i place the eggs in now or wait for her to lay some in first. i also want to start giving them apples oranges ect. how do i serve it?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi you can try placing the eggs in the nest and hopefully she will sit the eggs in the nest without any problems, You will however have to put her in the nest aswell so she knows her eggs are in there.

The adults should have frsh fruit and vegtables daily aswell as soft food such as boiled egg mashed up with the shell aswell as this gives calcium to the female, Boiled pasta and rice, whole wheat bread.
    The female should also have cuttlefish bone and mineral blocks available at all times as egg laying puts demands on her own calcium.

mike