1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

need help with evac kit

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by honeybears, Jun 15, 2004.

1. honeybears

honeybears New Member

fire season is here, we have a fire not too far from my house, but safe enough away, I keep saying I am going to put together a bag for the dogs and cat. since it is still fresh in my mind from the S. Cal fires

So please help me, what should I have .

thanks

honeybear

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Definatly have a fire blanket. burn ointment. a few cans of dog food. Bottles of water, and of course All their records. I would also include photos of the dogs, just to be safe. if they were to get lost.
    And a standard pet 1st aid kit.

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sam, I never htought of pictures. I wll bring some to work to keep here if I need them.

I was thinking first aid kit water, their food, except Jakes a problem because of his raw diet. cat carrier handy and maybe just thinking ere, food dishes, extra leashes.rope

honeybear

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I better get this right away, I went out at lunch at noticed smole on the north end of town and got back and news said they are evacuating residents :x
    this is only our first week of hot weather and I got 4 months to go

honeybear

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh honebears!!! You be careful!!!! If you have to evac you do it quickly!!!

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Honeybear, just wanted to tell you to be carefull and I hope nothing bad happens where you live!

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

thank you, its so terrible to live in fear i\during the summer, I keep my readio on at my desk because they always announce the fires and evacs. The price I have to pay for living in a beautiful piece of paradise .

honeybear

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Where do you live, honeybears?

Jamiya

9. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I live in Redding, Ca which is about 4 hours north of San Francsico. OUr summers are always over 100 and our terrain is tinder dry grass , scrub oaks and hilly. Right now we are having horrible 50 mph winds with almost 0 humidity and 102 today. just coming into work this morning there was another announcment of a new fire just started this morning with 3 yesterday. this what I deal with daily, and to make me really tear my hair out, :| we walked on our road sunday and I was picking up cigarette butts.

http://www.redding.com/redd/nw_local/ar ... 03,00.html

honeybear

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Honeybears I know how scary that can be I lived In Denver for a few years and the forest fires get out of control every summer there. Causing serious problems. One summer our entire neighborhood had to be evacuated.

11. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Some people have no common sense. Throwing cigarette butts on the ground when it's so dry. I guess they don't think about people lives or the lives of wildlife.

Last summer 1/4 of our State burned because a woman set a signal fire when she became lost in the woods. Well, they found her all right. People wanted to murder her after they lost their homes, business, and pets.

Stay safe!! We'll all be thinking good thoughts for you and praying for RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!

12. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Is the santa anna winds blowing there now. I will be praying for you and your pets. I'd be sure to take them chew toys, It's terrible out there in the summer. with the fires and they go so fast and spread so far. Sorry to hear it's already started.

13. Jody

Jody New Member

Honeybears, Im so sorry. My sister had the same problem a couple of Christmases ago here in Sydney and she had to evacuate. She had everything in a dooner cover that was in her cupboard. She kept spair dog food, dog biscuits, paper work, photo's etc in their so when the time came, so could just easliy grab the dooner cover and leave without walking around trying to think of stuff to grab.

Hope that helps.

14. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Kindness, they are just like the Santa anas except I live in the upper N cal. they call them the North winds which are the hot dry ones that are the dangerous ones in the summers. Now when they come fromt he south they are called the delta breeze which is cooler moister air coming up from the Bay/delta waters even though the are like 200 miles away.

honeybear

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Please excuse my non-Australian ignorance. What is a dooner cover??

Jamiya