1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need some ideas

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tina1, Sep 18, 2004.

1. tina1

tina1 New Member

Hello all =P~

I had a bit of a tragedy this past week in my 20 gallon tank. Due to the tragedy it is just a temporary home to a few rams. All of its permanent residents have gone to the big tank in the sky :cry:

So, now that I'll have to restock it.... I need ideas.

Here's a few things I was thinking about:

1. Pair of kribs and a school of rosy barbs (long finned), maybe a yoyo loach
    2. 8 cochus blue tetras, 4 marbled hatchets, and maybe an angel as a centerpiece.
    3. Pearl gouramis and copper rasboras w/ yoyo loach.

What do you all think? Any suggestions to offer? I don't care for aggressive or predatory fish. Thanks for your input.

Here's a pic (don't mind the floating plant :lol: ) :

[​IMG]

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I'm sorry about your fish. What happened?

-Chelle

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

My long finned blue ram was infested with camallanus worms (I think that was the spelling). Anyhow, I finally found the correct med but I gave a quite lethal overdose.

Most of my fish were dead within 5 minutes :cry: I was able to save 8 teenage guppy fry, 2 small clown loaches, and my female ram only and now the guppies are showing that they have the worms too. It's been a very stressful week. I am trying to medicate the guppies properly as we speak. Keep your fingers crossed for me please :?

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

First of all, I have to say that I am truly sorry to hear what happened, and trust me when I say I know how you feel. I know from my D-DAY experience with the death of like 11 convicts and 2 oscars how it feels. Anyways, at least you can start a new beginning from an old ending, like me. In regards to your fish, I don't want to tell you which fish to schoose because it is entirely up to you, but, the blue tetras would look great, and go with the pearl and the angel if that is possible without territorial disbutes with the pearl and the angel.

5. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

same thing happened to me. fish died so quickly.all my fish were dead within 5 min as well.

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Could be something in the water.