1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Need to vent about irresponsible parents

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by Aqueous, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

This really ticked me off...

My neighbour babysits a little girl, we'll call her Jody, that is on medication for mental problems.

Well yesterday my neighbour calls and asks if I've seen a little girl because Jody's parents showed up at my neighbours house frantic that they could't find her. I hadn't seen her but I said I'd keep an eye out and she told me that they were going out to look.

About 2 hours later she calls back and said they found her up at the pizza place with about 6 people who were ready to call the cops.

The thing that bothers me is that the little girl is only 5 years old and this is the 3rd time she's disappeared from her home. The first time she was only 2 years old and a boy from the neighbourhood rode to their house to tell them that she was near the highway :shock: . The second time I'm not to clear on and this time she was at the pizza place.

To get to the pizza place yuo have to cross a main intersection that's always busy, what if she had gotten hit by a car, or gotten picked up by a pedofile?

Oh and get this, she has a bunch of other brothers and sisters but no one knew she was missing until it was time for her medication because they couldn't find her to give it to her.

Sorry to bother you all but I just needed to vent my frustrations.

2. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

That is a scary and sad story. I'm not an expert so I'm not sure what you can do. Do the parents know what is happening? Are they at work and not finding out about it? Do the police know about this. Maybe they could give you some advice. Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

3. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I don't know how large of a situation this is but...

If you're that worried and it is that big of a problem, you could call Child Youth Services (or, cys) - at least that's what they're called where I live.
    Bascially, it's a child and youth protective service.

You would remain anonymous and they can investigate how serious the problem is and take action accordingly.

I just thought I would mention this in case you didn't know where to go with it (if you felt it truly needed this attention).

From what it sounds like, it is alarming and it's surprising that the poor girl didn't get hurt or into any trouble yet. I can understand how hard it is for you to witness happen.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Call the police!!. that just happened here a few days ago, expect this was a one and ahlf year old, someone saw him wandering on a road, called the police, they went to the nearest house and found this man passed out that was supposed to be watching him along with drugs, he was arrested for child endagerment.

THis person should be arrested.

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Thanks for the advice guys!

I talked to my neighbour last night and she said she would call Child and Youth Services to let them know whats happening (she knows more about the situation than I do so its probably a better idea that she call).

sunset - As far as I know both of her parents were home when she left the house and neither of them knew she was missing until it came time for them to give her her medication.

I'm just glad that nothing happened to her and that it's been really warm the last few day. I don't know how long she would have lasted if she had walked out during a Canadian winter.

6. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

OMG!!!!!! :x what a total shock!!!! i agree those ppl need to be checked out... what the heck r they doing that they cant watch a child??do i even wanna know????? i have a 5 year old son that i do not let out of my sight....he gets into enough trouble w/ me watching him i wouldnt dare see what happens if i didnt watch him.. and being in florida and where i live there is water everywhere pools, rivers u name it and he knows how to swim but still.....i have a hard time leaving him w/ my brother (who is 35 by the way) or w/ my mom or anyone...even when i go to the store he is right there w/ me at all times either inside the cart or holding my hand.... i guess i might just be overprotective i dunno but i would rather be safe then sorry... im gonna hate it when he goes to school in aug.... :oops:

sorry im going on and on but that just bothers me.. i mean do those ppl relize that one of these times that lil girl might not come back??????its just horrible to think of that lil girl wondering the streets and what could happen to her...