1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

neighboor cat problem.. need to vent...

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by FMgurl43, May 18, 2004.

1. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

i have this problem w/ this man that lives next door to me hes lived there 4 almost 3 years now he married the womna that has lived theer 4 6 she would always talk to us and was extreamly nice she had 3 cats of her own and 2 dogs.... since she has married this man 2 of the cats has disappeared she refuses to talk to us since hes moved in other then saying hi when hes not around so we never found out what happened to her cats... well my problem is the one cat she has left isnt spayed and is pregnate this isthe 2nd litter i think the first ones were the kittens that i have now that were found in their ditch that almost died and the mom cat neevr came back to take care of them so we bottle fed them anyways she is pregnate again they used to keep her in the house untill almost a month ago... now they refuse to feed her etc... she will fight w/ my cats and dog if they run outside and she gets in the trash etc... shes soo hungry we have a trap but she is to smart to get in it we catch everything else besides her i have caught her in the trash right next to the trap set w/ cat food in it but she would rather have trash... i feel so bad 4 her b/c she is starving and pregnate but i cant have any more animals and she wont even get close to anyone to catch her animal services has tried many times to catch her....her owners refuse to talk to me soooo.... and w/ the other 2 cats dissapearing i think they might have to do w/ my cats missing.... the man does not like animals of any sort.... her dogs now live on their back pourch i never see them come outside but they r always barking and now her cat is roaming free the man was screaming at the dogs the other day cursing at them to shut up... i was inmy house and heard him so iw ent outside and listened i didnt knwo who he was yelling at... we have a beware of dog sign all around our fence outside as my lil chi dog will bite if he dont knwo u and tito was barking at this mana nd growling at him though the fence and this guy stuck his hand in the fence i said he will bite u he said i know i want him to and then u wont have him anymore and walked inside... i am sooo mad at these ppl im going nutts trying to figure out what to do animal services wont do anything about it i dunno why and the police have better things to do it seems sooo....ohhhh im soooo mad!!!!!!!!

2. nern

nern New Member

How sad. Why do people have to be like that?
    For the pregnant kitty, have you tried using different types of food? Maybe something like tuna or chicken would work to get her to go in the trap? Or maybe you could coax her by leaving food outside of the trap a few times and then putting it inside the trap?

3. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yes ive used chiken cooked many of ways ive tried tuna really stinky cat food ,dog food,anything i can find.. i think what she does is she will jump on top of teh trap andthats what scares her so she wont go in cause ive seen it many times shut w/ no amimal in it...sooo

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi FMgurl. I think all you can do, is keep leaving food in the trap at all times. She's bound to get hungry enough to go in it. I wonder if you could try making it look like less of a trap. Like putting a towel on top of it so that it looks more like a den or safe place to hide. Poor kitty. I feel bad for her.

As for your neighbor, always document (with date/time) everything that was done and said. Also, always call the police when he says something like what you posted above (about him wanting the dog to bite him). So that you have records with the police of odd behavior. Why does he not like your dog? Does it bark a lot? Why does he not like you?

Good luck with the kitty. I sure hope you can catch her.

5. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

as far as my dog... hes inside all the time except when he goes potty in the backyard... and i have only seen it happen once where he has stuck his hand in the fence cause my dog was running along the fence barking at him when he was walking by and he decided to stick his hand in but my dog just backed up and started growling and barking at him (hes one of the all bark but no bite unless u grab him but he wont go after u to bite u) hes a chihuaha sooo hes not a big dog.... as far as why he dont like i us i dont know hes just not ppl person i guess...he has a big drinking problem though him and his wife r always fighting and he has a beer in his hand all hours of day and night..... she has told my mom right after they got married that he stopped 4 awhile and now is bak to drinking and shes sick of it soooo.... we have never done anything to this man 4 him not to like us we r always saying hi or waving when we go bye etc.. we all do that in this neighboorhood everyone knows each otehr and is very friendly except him.... as far as the cat i feel terrible 4 her i dont want to take her to animal services cause they will just put her to sleep cause shes pregnate but theers nothing else i can do i have been thinking about taking her to a no kill shelter and saying she is my cat and surrendering her.... i just cant take her there 4 them to do that i know it happens everyday but when it comes to me taking in an animal to that place if they r not gonna get a chace to be adobted then i wont do it....

6. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi FMgurl. He doesn't sound like the greatest neighbor to have around. :0008: Well, how about you just take care of the kitty then? Get her to trust you and perhaps she will soon come into your home. Leave food out for her and so on. Then after she has had her kittens you could take her to get spayed and find homes for the kittens.