1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New 10g tank ..Word

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Jun 25, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

today i got a 10 G fully loaded with florescent canopy filter heater everything including fish. im thinking of puttin 4 cories, 2 adf's a few ghost shrimp and a german blue ram.. will it work out?
    any ideas about a community i could put in there that will work with cories.. cuz i LOOOOVE corie cats! :y_the_best:

2. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Just be careful with adding too many fish at one time. Make sure the tank is completely cycled. 10Gal tanks are the hardest to deal with because the slightest change in the tank will cause alot of problems. Usually it takes about a month or so for your tank to be stable. I would start off with some hardy fish(Zebra Danios, Black Skirts) that are cheap, and then once your tank is stable, start adding your favorite fish.
    Good luck!

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What fish are in there already?

And even if it didn't already have fish in it, the fish you want will most likely be too much (unelss those would be pygmy cories but even then it would be very heavily stocked).

-Chelle

4. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

yes they are the pygmies... if i cut out the ghost shrimp would it be less stocked?? and the fish in the tank was a Jd.. still very small so i took it and and sold it to my friend.. he put it in a 35 g with 2 balas .. yesa little cramped still but its better then the 10 G

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Assuming the ram doesn't get aggressive with the other fish, that should work.

-Chelle