1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new and looking for support

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by kate, Dec 23, 2004.

1. kate

kate New Member

I have a 7 month old pitbull lab mix when she was 5 months old she was kicked and her feamer was broken as a result, as well as head trauma liver damage and 2 fractured ribs. :cry: This was 3 weeks after the bilaw proposal for muzling and spay/neuter was posted in the Toronto Star. We are a month out of surgery and sholud be well on the road to recovery. Now insted we have another surgery booked to remove the pin holding her leg together because it has slipped and is pinching a nerve. im at my whits end, and am looking for words of encouragement or similar storys something to tide me over.

2. someday

someday New Member

welcome to the forum! =P~
    there a lot here that have dealt with abuse cases and we all love pit bulls...
    How wonderful of you to take care of this little girl...what's her name?
    All your work will be worth it...because these dogs are the best!

You can see my little girl Annie on her website at tcord.com

3. kate

kate New Member

Her name is kate and i dont know what id do with out her

i was looking on the horse page and it was good to see alot of the same people have horses too. i wasnt sure how kate would react to my quarterhorse mare but after a little bit of chasing the get along fine

4. someday

someday New Member

yes, I know Sara and I have horses and pits..
    Annie has a healthy respect for the horses..she stays out of the horses' way at the barn...just not out of mine...hehe :mrgreen:

5. kate

kate New Member

kate is well on the way to recovery
    she gets her stiches out in a couple of days and the vet doesnt see any sign of infection. it got a little shakey at christmas time, we thought we were going to have to put her down, but with the new year hopefully we have some better luck.
    thanks for the replies

im realy enjoying access to the information on this forum :y_the_best:

6. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your/her misfortune. Just out of curiosity, was she kicked by a horse or human? How is she doing now?

7. kate

kate New Member

thanks im enjoying being here.

kate was kicked by a human, she was tied in my backyard which is in town but has an empty lot on one side, from what we figure some one walked into the back yard and beat her, its hard to know what realy happened, i was on the phone in the kitchen, i cant see the back yard from there, and my room mate was in the living room that has glass patio doors leading to the back yard, but he had the T.V. loud so he didnt have to listen to my phone conversation. so neither of us heard or saw anything in the 20 minutes that she was outside.

shes doing alot better now we had a little problem when the pin that was in her leg slipped and was pinching her cyatic nerve, but now we are well past that and she gets spayed beginning of febuary. despite every thing she still loves to go to the vets, she gets so excited when we pullin its all i can do to keep her from draging me acccross the parking lot to the door! lol what a trooper eh?

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sorry to hear that. I'd be more careful with her.

Its amazing what idiots will do.
    Hope she gets better fast!!

9. kate

kate New Member

due to...well alot of different things after i took her to the vet that night i went to my boyfriends house, kate didn't have her surgery untill 5 days later so i stayd at his house(she stayed at the vets), while moving my things into my parents house, in the middle of nowhere. After her surgery she came home with me to my parents house, i feel alot better now, but i also keep a much closer eye on her