1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new babiesss...r.i.p kissing gourami

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by pookiepets, Aug 2, 2005.

1. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

waaaa mi new kissing gourami died from a parastie leech eating it :( ! annd well our white platy had new babies an they are soo cute and small 4 dais old and there still in the 75 gallon tank i will move them asap! but i need to get a new tank i have a 2.5 gallon wich has bettas soo not a good idea...! ani suggestions feeding i need all the info i can get on this one guys

2. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

sorry meant white moly

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

ok. well, you can search down in the thread list to see 1 that someone posted about babies and theres lots of feeding suggestions.

YOu Can crunch up flakes REAL small or put a whole hard boiled egg yolk in there. The babies will pick at it when they are hungry, and if it disolves it creates a cloud of protien which the babies suck up. You might wana do this in a seperate tank (such as 5 or 10 gallon) cuz most likely the yolk willl cloud the water up. Get a small sponge filter in the tank, cuz a bigger filter will suck up the babies.

4. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

well i can only get a 1.5 gallon... and the petstore clerk said it was ok now trying to find a wai to get them its gonna be a while! and it will take patience! also i read other post about all the egg yolk i think one moderator said it willcloud up and shoot the amonia levels high! but..ill take ur word ! any more suggestions would appreciate it alL!

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Don't put a whole egg yolk in there unless you want to kill all your fry.

-Chelle

6. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You're not going to be able to grow them out to a decent size in a 1 gallon. You'd be better off with at least a 5.

-Chelle

8. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

yeah well chelle there only 4-5 days old just in that one gallon for a week or so
    until they can get cared for and then go on there own like mi other mollie from another batch it is well sized now and is doing good in the 75 gallon

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

After a week, they'll still likely be small enough for the other fish to eat. Just make sure you have some breeder grass or lots of plants for them to hide in and a few might survive.

-Chelle

10. pookiepets

pookiepets New Member

yeah for sure! of course but i think its good the one gallon i will only put like 9 or 10 or thats as many as i think i can catch