1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New cage for bunny

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by ryokitokiri, Jun 24, 2004.

1. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

I am looking for a cage for my 2 year old rabbit, and he likes tall cages, I need something he cannot chew up, like hard plastic, and it cannot be more than $70.00 And hopefully can last his whole life. The cage I have no is just temperary and if anyone could help I would appericate it.

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

the best places you could go is to petsmart though they can be expencive. maybe try seaching with google.com or on ebay?

3. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

His first cage was a dog cage he liked it alot, but the only thing was the sides weren't big enough.

4. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I had my bunny is a XL dog cage and he loved in. I made a box out of plywood and a ramp to another level, and it was all pretty cheap.

5. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

The only problem is that dog cages don't ususally have sides on them, a least not big enough. I had I box in there with cat litter boxes for him to do his business and he whould jump on top of the box and lay there almost all day. lol and sometimes the box whould bend and I would have to change it but it worked realy well. :D

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Just a little word of advice even if you prefer a tall cage please keep in mind that your bunny will need alot of width space especially if you don't plan on taking him out of the cage, which I VERY strongly disadvise!

7. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

I'm confused as what exactually you mean by the sides are not big enought. Like width wise or height wise?

My bunny did not spend to much time in his cage execpt for at night, most of the time he was out running picking of my dogs. But if anyone was to do that i strongly advise to bunny proof. THEY WILL CHEW ON EVERYTHING!!

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

O.k well in your case since your bunny is mostly out of his cage roaming about you would not really have to worry about the width of the cage. Sorry if my previous post was not clear enough!

9. ryokitokiri

ryokitokiri New Member

what I mean about the sides not being bid enough is that it's not big enought height wise because his poop gets outside of the cage if they aren't taller.
    i hope that helps explain it better.

10. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

Ah OK I got ya now! I had the same problem, I just got a coverd kitty liter box. He actually like it a little better I think cause he didn't like doing his biz when someone was looking LOL! He was a shy little guy. I miss him :cry: I went out of town one weekend and he died the night i left, but he lived a long and loved life. I had him for 5 years and my friend had him before that for 3years. But, I won't be bunnyless forever. I'll be going to the local ASPCA sometime and adopting one :D

11. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that!

12. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

aww, but yeah my sis n i saved 2 baby bunnies, their eyes where closed and we put them in a dog cage.

13. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Be sure to post a picture!