1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New cases of lepto

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by hermann muenster, Jun 26, 2006.

1. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Hi -
    Does anyone have Leptospirosis in their area?

I recently heard that there have been two confirmed and one unconfirmed case of it in NW Indiana.

I have my dog vaccinated for it because of 4-H. Some of the vets around here don't even stock the vaccine because there haven't been any confirmed cases for 20 years. And now it seems to be back.

Does anyone vaccinate for this and have you had any reactions to that vaccine?

I heard (rumor) that it is the most difficult vaccine for a dog to tolerate.

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Hi Herman,

My knowledge on lepto is minimal, its not something that I ever really dealt with in S.Cal but I have heard that the side/adverse effects to the vaccine can be bad.

I had a look around on the net but none of the info I can find is in any of the websites that Im familiar with (Im picky, I only trust certain ones :oops: )

However, there is a dog forum I go to based in UK where lepto is a problem there and someone was just saying that you can have your dog titre tested now through Idexx laboratories, I know idexx operates in US so it might be worth looking into.

Ive put a post in the other thread to see which site they can recommend for the issue over vaccines or if that person has personal experience with it.

Ill let you know what they say.

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

what is lepto?

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member