1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New cockapoo on the way! Who has one?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Zoe'smommy, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Zoe'smommy

Zoe'smommy New Member

Hi! I'm new here. I am getting a cockapoo in 4 weeks, when she is 8 weeks old. Her nme is Zoe. I am very excited. Anyone out there have cockapoos. I'd love to hear about yours. What is your dog's personality like. Is yours good with children? How about strangers? Does he/she bark a lot?

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hi and welcome, I can only tell you about my cockerpoo I had when I was a teen. He was sooooooo cool. He followed all of us around, made all our family feel we were number one. He never really barked. He would run these huge circles around us to amuze himself. He loved to just go where ever we were. I named my current dog after him. Even though he is a different breed altogether. You will love your dog.
    Oh, he also was very protective over us. He would chase down anything that he thought was going to hurt us. Like a german shepard that was starting after my sister and my grandma's dog that was going after my sisters rabbit. He chased them all off. He was great. He was Rufus the first. :y_the_best:

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I don't have a Cockapoo, but I just have to say, they are too darn cute!!! :y_the_best:

Congrats on getting your cockapoo soon, would love to see pics of her when she arrives! :m7:

Best wishes to you and your new furbaby! :D

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Good Luck with the new pup! I dont have a cockapoo either but have a friend that does and she is just too cute!

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Gosh, haven't seen a cockapoo owner on the board....... we could certainly use one! I think cockapoos are soooo darn cute!!

in the meantime.....WELCOME ZOE'S MOMMY!

6. Zoe'smommy

Zoe'smommy New Member

Thank you for the welcome. I am so excited to get her! 3 weeks, and five days.......

It is so great to find this forum. I tried another one before this, and everyone attacked me because apparently they hate cockapoos and other poodle mixes. It was awful! Anyway, I'm glad to be here!

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

It does seem sometimes that poodles are not excepted on other dog forums as real dogs. That is not fair.

8. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

That is true! The issue of poo-mixes, and other mixes as well, is definitely a hot topic among many - you either agree or disagree with it. I am all for it as long as the breeding is done by a reputable, responsible, ethical, and experienced breeder who takes breeding dogs with the utmost care and concern. But, I've already given my spiel about this issue on another thread, so I won't repeat myself! It's just a matter of opinion, and I respect the opinions of others who disagree. I just have to agree to disagree with them! :wink:

Well, we are glad you are here...you will most definitely get a warm welcome from us to you and your cockapoo!!! :y_the_best:

All the best! :D

9. Zoe'smommy

Zoe'smommy New Member

"I am all for it as long as the breeding is done by a reputable, responsible, ethical, and experienced breeder who takes breeding dogs with the utmost care and concern."

I sure did do my research, first taking months to decide on the right type of doggie for our family, and then, taking more time to find what I think is a breeder who fits that description. I am so happy with her, as she is so involved with every puppy. She is already calling Zoe by her name, so she will know it when she comes home. She really begins socializing them, too. She seems to truly love her dogs as pets first and foremost. Some people seem to just be in it for the money! So sad.......

10. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Zoe'sMom~

I am so glad to hear that you did your research to find a quality breeder...kudos to you!!! :y_the_best: You're right, though, many breeders (namely, BYB's) out there are in it purely for the money with no concern toward responsible and respectable breeding! It's really disheartening to see and hear about! :x

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now! :D