1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New friend for Kiwi?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Aqueous, May 9, 2004.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

When I first got Kiwi he used to live with my other 2 budgies, Chick and Buster, but after a while they both started ganging up on him. He's such a nice bird that he would never fight back so I got him his own cage that I put right beside Chick and Buster's cage. Chick and Buster will both talk to Kiwi through the cage bars but whenever they're together they always seem to pick on Kiwi. If Chick is alone with Kiwi she beats him up and if Buster is alone with him Kiwi still gets picked on.

I've been thinking about getting him a friend for a while and my neighbor breeds budgies so I could get one anytime but I don't know how he would react to another bird in his cage.

Does anyone know a good way to get Kiwi used to having another bird in his cage. Hopefully the new budgie won't beat him up either.

2. rideswthewind

rideswthewind New Member

Reply for a friend for Kiwi

Hi...
    Recently we lost our female budgie (Halle)...Barre was so lonely & getting depressed. Our vet strongly advised we get another female right away, but not put her right in the cage with him..since he was so used to the other female before. The vet advised that we get a cage for the new bird (Daisey) & put her alone in it, but right next to Barre's cage & let them adapt to each other for about a wk. or 2. Well..it's only been 3 days & fer sure, they are psyched over each other..but I'll wait the 2 wks. out to be sure. Also..be sure to be nearby when & if u do transfer the birds into 1 cage together...since not all birds will gladly accept another one...or not right away. I'll wish u good luck if u wish me the same! lol Take care! :)

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm still working on getting my parents to allow me to get another one, but hopefully soon.