1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New here....and I'm getting a chcolate poodle puppy!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Tangible, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Hello all!! I've read some postings here...and it looks like a nice place to hang out!

The poodle pup I am getting...she hasn't even been born yet..lol!! The breeder is a lady that I have previously met and also who comes recommended by another breeder...all good. :) The father is a toy poodle and the mom is a mini but on the petite side..so the pups will be around 7 lbs full grown. I am hoping for a complete chocolate female. My dh told me just this past Saturday..our 11th anniversary that he would like to get one since both our girls are older now...4 and 6 and he noticed how responsible our 4 yo dd is with our 55 gallon community fish tank and the crayfish we also have. LOL..she feeds him frozen peas every morning!

Anyway, I'm just so excited and I've been waiting for a few years until I also felt it was a good time for my children to have a pup and my dh totally surprised me. :eek: I was so glad that when I phoned the breeder that she told me her dog was pregnant!!! And being a stay a home mom, I sure have the time for another 'baby'!

2. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Great ...I have never seen many chocolates ,when you get him/her make sure you put lots of picts on !

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Wow, so about what 4 to 5 months from now. Lets see they are pregnant for like 60 some odd days right, then wait the 8-12 weeks then wammo. I have been waiting for my toy poodle baby too. I have known since the day they were born, then the next day made my decision. Did you see my post, well I'll just show you again, http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=75555
    I'll probably get her sometime in November, Right malti?
    She is the one that posted above me.
    So are both the mom and dad chocolate? Being that the mom was a small mini, and comes from a mini background your pup could be bigger than expected. But no worries they are all worth the wait. Are you looking to get a male or female?
    Yep, we want pictures.
    Oh, sorry. We are very happy to have you here, Welcome.

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

How exciting, congrats!!! We're happy to have you here and don't worry, we'll keep you busy while you wait for your new baby :mrgreen:

5. Maltipoomama

Maltipoomama New Member

WELCOME!!! :eek: You have plenty of folks here that will be of great service to you and your new baby. Oh the wait is torteous!!!! While I was waiting for all 3 of my maltipoos to be delivered, I drove my breeder nuts with constant questions and what nots!!! Thank God she was patient with me and cared enough about her customer to put up with me!!!!

Goos luck... cannot wait to see pics!!!

Denise

6. Tangible

Tangible New Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes!!

And bad news....I phoned the breeder today...and her price went up $100..and now she says she doesn't have papers??? ACKKK!!!!!!!!!! I feel like a total idiot!!! I then checked my numbers and phoned the CORRECT lady whom I had met before...SHE ISN'T BREEDING ANY LONGER!!!

I COULD CRY!!! :m13:

And then I asked her address...well, doh.....not the same lady I had met before..my bad. Same town...different lady and her place is a real dump, I recognized the description right away!!!! MY DH IS ALL 'NO WAAAAAAAAAAAY!' LOL...I feel the same way...I am soooooo bummed. *sniff* :kiss_puppy:

puttin...yes, the pup could end up being larger since the mom is a mini...no doubt about that...but who knows what I'd really be getting if I stick with this strange seller....not happening. And your new baby is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SWEET!!! I'm so happy for you! I only hope I can post awesome pics of a new pup!!!

Now I need to find some puppies for sale. Picking up a local book that comes out in my area tomorrow...it's packed full of adds...and pages and pages of pets for sale. Wish me luck ladies!!! I wanna love a puppy!!! :love_y_t_much:

Oh!! And could you gals list dogs that are mostly allergy friendly??? As my dh does have issues with some dog danders. Thanks!!! :D

7. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

I am very sorry to hear about that .

some dogs that are considered as allergy helpful are
    Poodles ,Maltese,Shih Tzus ,and most poo crosses .
    Others here can add more to this list .
    But remember that what is not allergy friendy to one person is not always the case for another .

8. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

I'm sorry it didn't work out with your breeder, the same thing happened to me recently. It's always better to just make the extra effort until you find someone you're comfortable with.

As for allergy sufferers I've heard poodles are great, they product little or maybe even no dander. Same for Maltese, like ilovemaltipoos above me just said.

Also you could check www.doggies.com for breeders in your area, they list them by your zip code. They do have information on each breed but I wouldn't recommend it as some of their descriptions for various breeds aren't very accurate. Always do plenty of research from multiple sources before making your decision. Good luck!

9. Tangible

Tangible New Member

You are all so nice. I appreciate the info. I've been reading online for a week now about all kinds of mixes..lol. And I can't believe it...after I posted earlier, I have since spoken to a lady about some Yorkiepoo pups she will have ready to take home in about 3 weeks. My dh is also ok with a mix (thank goodness...because I think they are soooooooo cute!).

I agree about taking my time...I am hoping that within a month or 2 I can bring home a pup, but I'll have to just wait and see what I can find....lol..drag my dh along and rub a few puppies under his nose!! And he is willing!! :mrgreen:

And gwen..thanks for the link..but would you believe I've check there already and there are none listed in my area at all! I am located in Maine, USA and it's a big state and there isn't one listed in my state on that board for a poodle breeder...ugh!