1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Idea

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. SO I had a brain fart.

I'm wanting to start a news letter. I'll publish it once a month. I thought this would be great for us here at Auspet!

Ok what I have planned. I think we could start a newsletter with little bits of information in them, A photo contest for the Auspet dogs only! Each month there is a diffrent theme. And a section for health information and awareness, and My rescue incert where I'll put one of my rescues on there and see if we can't find them a home.

So What I'll need is for each of us to do a little input. Just email or mail me the photos and information, and I'll have the newletter printed and mailed out to everyone who wants it! I thik it would be a great idea! For all over the US. and other countries too! ANd yall can request info and newsletters for your freinds.

I think the internet is a great tool of information. But I'm also a BIG believer in you have to physically see and hold something to believe it. I think that with a news letter, people will HOLD the paper, see that its not just a bunch of crap, and don't have to have internet access to get this information.

I got this idea from LSER. We started this with a monthly info newsletter to send out to horse owners everywhere! Each month it has a training issue in it, diffent diseases and how to treat and prevent them, and a photo contest, diffrent fundraisers that are going on and spotlights on a few rescues.

SO what do yall think? Any ideas? ANyone want to go in on this with me?
    I'll do the layouts and putting the info together here on my computer. I've got a newspaper application on it. (pretty neat, but never used) And I can mail out however many copies to each of you to mail out to whomever you know!

Postage isn't a problem. I have a guy here who is going to donate a roll of stamps a month! Isn't that cool!

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

With the postage being taken care of, then I think its a go. I was worried you would have to encrue more costs. Sounds like a breat idea.

3. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I think it sounds fun, also! I'd be happy to contribute stuff.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sam It sounds like a great idea. I am more then willing to help out in any way. Just let me know for sure what you would like me to do and I will get started.
    :D
    Jamiya
    I think it would be a great idea if you submitted some info on feeding raw and the behavior issues you have dealt with Nala.

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

:eek: Count me in too! That sounds like a great idea!

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Behavior issues? We have had behavior issues with Nala? :shock:

:0017:

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

OoOoOoooo! A book review section!

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

OK maybe Im confused? Isn't Nala the wild one or is it Bonnie? Ughhhh I thought it was Nala? Sorry :?

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hehehehe, I was joking. Yes, Nala is the poster child for hyperactive, mouthy, stubborn but brilliant dogs.

"Roadrunner in a Blender" is a phrase that often comes to mind. :shock:

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

OK I thought you were kidding.... but then I thought maybe my old age was creeping up on me and my senile tendencies were rearing their ugly head. :0010:

11. Samsintentions

Ok so we'll set for the first print date!

I'll work on a section on what do to with a found animal or stray.

Ok Gina, I emailed you about doing a rescue on one of your dogs or the Pitt section, which ever you want.

Jamiya, you can do either raw or the behaivor this month, whichever you want!

Sarge's mom, do you want to do a section on "Story time"? Since you have the greatest sotries to tell!

Puttin, maybe you would like to do the "photo of the month" contest for us? You and Pam? Everyone could send their photos to you and pam and yall could decide and send the info to me to be published each month? I know you two like that stuff! So just come up with a theme each month!!!!

Maybe DukesDad would like to do a news colum? Perhaps on the diffrent Pet Parks around diffrent areas and the features and benefits?

Anyone else want to put in? Just let me know any ideas you have and I'll be glad to make a section!!!

I say we try and shoot for the first issue to be finished and mailed out on August 16th!

So if everyone will email me your address and the address's of those who want a copy That'll be great! I promise it will be held Stricktly confidential!!! And will be only used for the newsletter! and holiday cards!

12. Rene

Rene New Member

great idea sams let me know if i can do anything to help and i will email you my address

13. Samsintentions

Oh yeah, Rene!! I got an idea, how about doing a small column on new products for your pets.

Lets not just limit this to dog, but cats also!! Like new shampoo's, toys, dog beds, treats. ect.....

As for the colums lets try and limit them to a max of 250 words. (if possible) Try and save some tree's here but still get the point across!

Yall can either email me all your info in Acrobat or word and I'll transfer them to Publisher.

Oh I can't wait!!! This'll be sooo much fun!!!

14. honeybears

honeybears New Member

what canI do??

honeybear

15. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Sam, why not email the newsletter, that way there s is not postage

honeybear

16. halaroo

halaroo New Member

What a good idea! I would love to be involved, especially if you're willing to open it up for cat-lovers as well. I'm sure there are lots of people in the cat forum that would also be quite interested. I'm away starting tomorrow, but I'll send you my email address so I can stay posted up until my return.

17. Rene

Rene New Member

:eek: i will get started on my research this weekend :lol:

18. Samsintentions

I thought about that, but somepeople don't have internet access (friends of mine and I'm sure everyone knows people) that want and need information. So I figured a Real News letter could benifit everyone!

That and its something youcan read while relaxing, or take it with you, use it as a refrence, and memoribilia. Plus Like LSER, there is an issue once a month with a sequence of training tips. It started with "Raising Baby" and each month touches on the next lesson in training. WE keep it in a binder (it comes with 3 holes punched) and now its like a book. We update it when it comes in and can use it each and everytime we start to train! Or use it to flip back, look at the diagrams and photos shown, and review what you need.

I thought a hard copy would get a good point across as well. SOme people see stuff on the net, and just click it away, but if its there in your hand, your more apt to read it!

I've got a great idea HOney's: how about doing a comic strip section? Either inventing them, or finding a good one each month?

19. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I thought about the comic strip thing too. Everytime I update the Hunter Episodes I picture a comic strip from the 50's!!

20. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I propose a donation to Sam if you want to get the newsletter just a thought, that maybe minimum 10$ for the year, because of the cost of postage and effort, funds excess funds can go to her rescues

honeybear