1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new marine aquarium

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fish Addict, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

what type of fish should i put in my new 25 gallon marine aquarium
    i have 23 pounds of live rock in there right now

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

here is a pic of it
    [​IMG]

3. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

ever think of getting an eel or two? That would do nicely with a setup like that. I saw that sort of setup in a LFS the other day. I forget what fish there were in there besides the eels. Thats just my novice opinion though, u dont have to listen :mrgreen: :y_the_best:

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i listen to all
    but i'll just tell you that most eels need very big tanks

5. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

k, was just a suggestion :) How about a lionfish?

6. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

still to big

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i am thinking clownfish like nemo

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Heather&Nicole u have alot of posts fast i went away for 4 days and u had like 20 lol

9. klorentz

klorentz New Member

The Percula clowns are a good place to start . Remember you will not be able to put as much in like you would a fresh water tank . keep the fish in the small category and add them slowly . A clown fish and two damsels would be a good start . After a couple of weeks if you want to you could add an anemone ( small ) for your clown fish . Or just the clown fish and an anemone to start with . You did good by getting live rock as this will help cycle your tank . What type of lighting and filters do you have ? Also do you have a skimer ? This helps in getting desoloved organics out of your tank .

Kevin

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

yes i have a skimmer it is a Red Sea Prizm Skimmer
    20 watts of lighting and i have a aquaclear mini that i will be replacing with a fluval 204

11. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

how long untill i can add fish ?

12. klorentz

klorentz New Member

You should be able to fit about six small fish in your tank and a banded coral shrimp plus one small anemone a few mushroom polyps and some live plants . Once you get more experiance try some of the easy to keep soft corals to round things out . With the anemone and mushroom polyps lighting will be one of the key things to keep them happy . Do a bit of research on lighting and filter requierments . What you have right now will be good for the fish and shrimp but for the anemone , mushrooms and plants I would do some upgrading . Another plus for them is filterd sun light . This will add to the over all health of anemones , mushrooms , corals and plants . I know it may sound redundent with the special lights but it will be of great aid in keeping these special animals .

Kevin

13. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

so how much would light cost me ?