1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

" New Old Breeds"

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lil96, Aug 2, 2005.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

I recently found a website that had a "search for the perfect dog" feature. Some of the dogs listed that would fit me were the "American Bullnese" (pretty much half bull dog, half pekinese0 this little dog is attrocious looking (sorry if anyone here owns one) it had a huge!!!! head with a teeny tiny body. here is its page http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/americanbullnese.htm
    kemmer stock hybrid squirrel dog, just like my dog is a hybrid? but if the breed is really being bred to make a new breed, that is not so bad, but I question if it is.
    my favorite, which I think looks like a cutey is the Dutch Smoushound http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/dutchsmoushond.htm
    it seems like a normal little breed, then you get to the bottom of the page and the last one is nothing like the other 2, making me think it isn't a real breed either.
    the canadian eskimo dog? http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/canadianeskimodog.htm
    the german sheepodle? not the same as a goldenoodle or labradoodle.
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/abc.htm
    Anyway, some of the breeds I really believe are reall breeds or making there way to becoming a new breed with a purpose. But Ithink some are just random novelty breeds, which when found at the pound are only known as mutts or mixes!
    check it out and see which dogs it matches you

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It sounds like they are trying to combine "features" of different breeds to make the "perfect" dog. Of course, we all know that doesn't work. :)

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I think the whole confusion comes when people give mixed breeds cute names like labradoodles, goldendoodles, cockapooo, etc. making then sound like a purebred.

If you're searching for a first dog or if you've never heard of the trade names for the mixed breeds then you could get suckered into paying an outrageous price for what you think is a purebred when in actual fact you could go to the shelter and get the same mix and save a life.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Im trying to figure out if the American Bullanese can actually give birth naturally or if theyve messed that up enough also to were it can only have pups by c-section (sorry...major pet peeve)...... :x

5. lil96

lil96 New Member

yea that things head is soo big for its little body!
    aqueous, see that is one thing I think they are really tricking people with on that site because 'breeds' are registered with random clubs, like 'registered with the american bullnese association' or 'american pet registry'. To me those names mean nothing, I mean I could (if auspet allowed use of their name) start up the 'auspet international pet orginization' or whatever and just get everyone here to register their dogs with me for the next few generations, that proves nothing to me, you know what I mean?

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Well, that IS how all the current breeds and registry organizations got started.

7. Mockingcat

Mockingcat New Member

Yeah, but they had some sort of standards... you can register here with the Continental Kennel Club if you get 3 or 4 people to SAY your dog looks like it's purebred... I've been sorely tempted to show these people how worthwhile some of these registries are by getting 4 people to say my cat is a purebred German Shepherd and registering him...

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL!! :eek: