1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New oscar help PLZ

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Apr 1, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

today i purchased 2 red tiger oscars (about 3/4 inch each) and a rhino pleco.. i put the fish in at about 12:30 and its now 4:03 and the things are still laying on the ground moving everry once and a while!!! What is going on?? are tey just gettin accustomed to their new enviroment?? how long till they start swimmin like the oscars ive known... is there anything i can do to help???

thanks
    -Justin

P.S. the rhino plec is perfectly fine swimmin and suckin.

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Did you float the bag for 30 minutes before you put them into the tank? Sometimes when I had my oscars, they would do the same thing, usually when the water is a tad cold, but they would eventually get over it.

I hope I was helpful!

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

yeah i floated the bag for 30 mins + the temp is at 78-80

4. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

Any input??? Chelle u usually have all the answers

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

They're likely just sulking, but just in case, what are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

6. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

sorry but i have no clue how to make those tests.. also they seem to be getting better, one is quite fistey, he is fighting the the glass ordiments but the other one sorta looks limp, he swims but stops and lays on the bottom but aafter a few munites hes up and swimming again.. ill keep you updated if any changes occur!!!

more ideas on whats going on would be appreicated..

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi big-pig-666, I see where you aclimated them to the water temperature, but did you aclimate them to the water content. Adding 1 cup of water from the tank into the bag every 5 to 10 minutes, until you had twice as much water in the bag as you started with? Possible PH shock.

8. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

I'm with chelle on this one. Oscars sulk if they are even remotely unhappy. Assuming your water is ok then I wouldn't worry.
    Once they have settled down a bit, and maybe eaten, I'm sure they'll be fine. :)