1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new puppy noise problems

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by sally748, Dec 31, 2005.

1. sally748

sally748 New Member

I bought a ten week yorkie-poo two days ago. Seller said she was used to be ing crated. However at night she barks, growls,yelps, and flips around in her crate. she is relentless. I tried to leave her in a small room out of the crate
    but had the same result. She actually will yelp and carry on when I leave the room. Does any one have any solutions for me?

2. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

My solution is NOT something the board will like...but worked for me. :( When we first got our first dog, we had the same issues, and I finally let the screaming-mimi in the bed with us... and (((poof)))... sound asleep! LOL... He's been sleeping in the bed ever since (2 1/2 yrs later). The new puppy loves his carrier, so he sleeps in that (won't sleep in the crate)....

I know, I know, I know how that isn't the way to go...but I need my beauty rest! LOL... and it just works for us. :)

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

LOL, worked for me too when Rocky was a puppy. Just until he was crate trained, now he sleeps beside my bed in his crate.

When the seller said she was used to being crate trained was it by herself or with other dogs?

Since she's only been there 2 days she's probably feeling lonely and scared and is looking to you for comfort.

When you put her in her crate do you put in anything to keep her occupied like toys?

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

IN her crate put an old piece of your clothing with your perfume or other scent on it this willhelp comfort her, Also A teddy bear with a ticking clock unde her bedding with also give her the security that she is safe. Even a plug in night light helps as they are not in total darkness.

Keep to a set time for going to bed and simply say to her 10mins before you goto bed, Bed time and place her in her crate or bed with her teddy and leave the room do not spend time making a fuss over her byu saying things like night sleep well baby or things like that a simple bed time place her in it and leave the room, If she cries ignore it....

Never even with a new puppy go to her whenshe is screaming, Barking and making a noise when you goto bed as she soon learns this behaviour is going to get you to goto her.

I know it can be abit of a problem but if you stick with this she will settle.
    Never allow her to sleep with you when she is behaving like this as she is learning bad habits.

I tell all my new owners of my pups exactly the same routine, patience and persistance is all that is needed...
    I have yet to have someone call me up saying that there new pup would not settle....

Mike

5. sally748

sally748 New Member

YOUR ADVICE IA APPRECIATED

THANK YOU ALL WHO RESPONDED. I WILL DEFINITELY TRY SUGGESTIONS.
    MY NEW PUPPY IS VERY PRECIOUS TO ME AND I WANT TO DO THE RIGHT THING BY HER. I DON'T WANT TO RAISE A PUPPY TO BE A SPOILED AND
    MISBEHAVED DOG. THANKS AGAIN

6. myshihpoo

myshihpoo New Member

Great advice! (I know that I'm a wimp and couldn't stick to it... but it worked out fine for us, thank goodness) :)

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Myshihpoo your not the only one that allows there dogs to sleep with them one of my girls has to sleep at the bottom of my bed thanks to my mum as when she was a puppy my mum couldnt bare her crying as she felt awful and guilty so she allowed her to sleep on her bed, She is now 7 and will not sleep with the other dogs or on her own she has to sleep on my bed which is abit of a pain as she is a german shepherd and sleeps across my legs so i can not move during the night.

If i get up during the night to use the bath room i have to try and move her back down the bed as she has moved up and put her head on the pillow hehehehehe.

Each owner is different in how they raise there little ones and its always best to try different things and stick with what you find best to keep them happy.

Mike