1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New set of kitty portraits

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by t_chelle16, Feb 18, 2006.

1. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Decided to pull out my camera, lights, & backdrop and take some portraits yesterday.

Emily
    [​IMG]

Tennessee (still trying to find a good color for her)
    [​IMG]

Toonces
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Romeo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Chelle

2. eman

eman New Member

the pics are soooooo nice, thanks for posting them :wink:
    they all look really great :y_the_best:

3. vene

vene New Member

Great pics! However did you manage to get them to pose?

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Okay there is just way too much cuteness here! :mrgreen: What kind of camera do you have? Your pics always look terrific.

5. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Awesome pictures! The cats are beautiful.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. :D

I just set everything up on my bed. They love laying there anyway so it wasn't that difficult. Emily was probably the hardest because she has sensitive eyes so I have to be careful how I position the lights (2 500w halogen lights on stands). I also have a tripod & shutter remote for my camera so I don't have to run back to the camera every time I snap a shot.

It's a Nikon D70 and I was using a Nikon 18 - 70mm zoom lens.

-Chelle

7. halaroo

halaroo New Member

All your cats are so beautiful!

8. nern

nern New Member

Wow, your photos are stunning! :y_the_best:

9. Bente

Bente New Member

Beautiful pics :eek: thanks for sharing

10. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

I just love that yawning pic of Toonces....sooo cute :mrgreen:

11. JC_and_Rudie

JC_and_Rudie New Member

Gorgeous!! Every time I get out the camera to try to get a pic of Rudie, she immediately stops whatever adorable pose she was in and does something obnoxious :roll: Or she tries to grab the camera strap. I got one good pic of her with my Big Kid Camera (a Canon), but the flash was off and sometimes that makes the lighting wonky.

12. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Your pictures are beautiful, t_chelle. Do you do it professionally?
    thanks for sharing. :)

13. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Thanks. :D

I've considered doing pet portraits professionally, but don't have plans any time in the immediate future (I live in a crappy little town in the middle of nowhere so there's not much demand). But I'm planning on moving to Vegas in a couple years so I bet there would be a market there.

I'm also trying to get into freelance photography and have already had a few photos published.

-Chelle

14. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Wow! Those are great! I love the green backdrop with Toonces' eyes. What would make Sabrina (solid black) look good when I take her pic? She always looks terrible but she's usually on the sofa or carpet and it's all tan.