1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New Tank Mate for my 30 gallon

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Bruce1962, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Bruce1962

Bruce1962 New Member

Unfortunately, Archie my Angel Fish checked out on me today. He was experiencing total equalibrium loss...floating upside down, etc. I'm looking for a replacement for my 30 gallon tank. I just took readings yesterday and all levels were fine. All other fish are OK. I have 3 Rosey Barbs, 2 spotted Cory Cats, 1 small Chinese Algae Eater, and 1 Powder Blue Dwarf Gouramie. Any suggestions for a suitable replacement for Archie? I could probably go with perhaps 2 fish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce

2. Used

Used New Member

Sorry for your lose. You could get another Angel fish or you could add to your schools of Rosey Barbs and Spotted Cory cats.

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I'm partial to Rainbows myself. In your case, I'd probably look at Neon Rainbows; Melanotaenia Praecox. They don't get too large, aren't all that fussy about water conditions, and are nicely colored when they get to be adults. They're sort of like opals, depending on how the light hits them, they're powder blue, teal, green or pink, with reddish orange fins. Red Striped Rainbows are nice too, although they get a good bit larger than the Neon Rainbow.

If you look up Rainbow fish, don't let the photo's fool you. They're much more spectacular looking in person. Photo's don't do them justice.