1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

new to forum

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by sushi101, Aug 9, 2004.

1. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

My name is Dale, I'm new to this forum . I have a 55 gal. freshwater tank. I am partial to tetras, I have about 24 assorted, 2 dojo loaches 3 cory cats & 2 otto cats. It has been set up since 2000.
    [​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hey, welcome to this site...this is probably the best forum site i have found and very nice moderators here too.

3. Hooben

Hooben New Member

Welcome aboard Dale,

I'm glad that you could join us here. Your tank sounds nice!

4. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

Welcome dale! What sort of tetras do you have? I have Congo Yellow Tetras, head & taillight tetras, and some unknown lil clear with black spot tiny tetras..they didnt have a name for them.

5. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

i have black phantom, rosy ornate, brass, diamond, bleeding heart, pristella,and some others that are blue and red. i also have a few that i forgot the names, most of these are 2-3 years old. after a recount i only have 18 tetras. most of them are one of a kind. i am going to try and post better pictures of them.

6. Heather&Nicole

thats awesome. Know of any comprehensive tetra fish sites? I am tryin to identify this unknown tetra. Its all silver with black dots on its fins and its transparent in some areas.

7. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

send me a picture, i will try and identify it. (no tetra sites) these forums are the best sites that i have found.

8. Heather&Nicole

they are all very little right now and my digi cam sucks. As soon as I can get a hold of my moms digi cam (they are out of town) maybe i can get a pic for you. Its abut an inch long.

9. sushi101

sushi101 New Member

i have a VERY informative book called "Dr. Axelrod's Mini Atlas of Freshwater Aquarium Fishes" its about 1000 pages, and has hundreds of pictures of freshwater fish. you should go to a book store (like barnes and noble) and buy yourself one . before i found this forum that is all i had to answer any of my questions.

10. tina1

tina1 New Member

Is it maybe a scissortail rasbora Heather?

11. Heather&Nicole

the guy at the pet store told me its definatly at tetra but he wasnt sure what kind