1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

New to the forums.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Seeker, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Seeker

Seeker New Member

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry for multiple posts but I want to make sure all my animals are posted in the appropriate board. :) I am Malissa and I live in a small town in Michigan with my family and our pets. At this time I currently own 3 dogs, Angel a 12 yr old GSD/Collie, Cricket a 1 yr old GSD/Lab, and Trouble a 6 week old APBT/Rottweiler mix, her story is on the pit bull board. All of my dogs are rescues and I love them all more then anything in the world. They are great dogs and very loyal. Angel was rescued from a local shelter when she was 6 yrs old, she has been with me ever since and is such a sweet girl though with her old age she has arthritis, losing her sight, going deaf and has had seizures since I first got her. She's a good girl though and has a lot of spirit still.

Cricket was rescued from some people who had an oops litter and I wanted to help her get a good home, she was 8 weeks old and is the fastest learned I've ever met, she is always willing and ready to learn something new.

Although I have already posted about Trouble I will post again so that you may know her here as well. Trouble is another result of an oops litter. These people were trying to sell these 6 week old pups because "Momma won't care for them" but they couldn't sell them so posted them on freecycle. We didn't want them to go to the wrong homes and end up in the wrong situation so we talked to a friend about taking them, she runs a dog rescue. She said yes so we went to get them. I witnessed the mother nursing the puppies so I have reason to believe they were just making excuses to get rid of them. We ended up keeping Brat who is my moms, a blue and white female and Trouble, my girl who is a black and white female. The rest went to the rescue and are being taken care of there until old enough to be adopted out to great homes with lots of experience.

I cannot wait to post pictures of all my babies so I can share them with everyone. My mom and step father of course have Brat, and they also have Missy a 2 1/2 yr old female, and Buddy a small yr and a half old mutt, we have no clue what breed he is!

Thanks for reading,

Malissa.

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Nice to meetcha and congrats on rescuing your dogs! You did good there.

I have boerboels and do rescue as well. Soon to have a Toty Collie and i can't wait!!!

We'd love to see photos of your dogs.

3. Seeker

Seeker New Member

:) Thanks and that's great that you rescue as well! I feel better to rescue then to buy. I don't want to contribute to animals dying in shelters. All my animals are rescues not just the dogs, all of them :) I will post pictures as soon as I can!

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Welcome to the boards and I look forward to seeing pictures!!! my 3 cats are either shelter or a friends barn cat. And my boxer/lab Buster is a rescue...
    look forward to hearing more from you.

5. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

Welcome!
    Ive only been here a couple weeks but find it a great place to talk about the pup. My sweet boy is a 15 week old Saint Bernard.

Before getting Buster I looked into fostering for our local shelter. Having 4 young children is too much of a liability at the moment though. So for now I'll stick with raising my crew and doing what I can to reunite the loose doggies with their families...this part could easily become a full time job!