1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Nibbling becoming a problem!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by rowdiebrindlepit, Dec 14, 2005.

1. rowdiebrindlepit

rowdiebrindlepit New Member

I have an 8week old male brindle puppy and you can not walk past him without him trying to bight your pants. you can not pet him without him bighting your hands, it dosent hurt so i know he isnt trying to be mean he is just teething i think. my problem is i also have a 16 month old daughter and i dont want him bighting her face or anything like that. I am not worried about him becoming mean from it i just wanna know howw to control it somewhat until he gets over the teething. i have many chew toys for him and he does play with them he just likes hands more i think....if anyone has any suggestions about how to stop it please let me know :?:

2. someday

someday New Member

This is normal puppy behavior, but it needs to be corrected. You need to redirect his chewing. always have chew toys handy and when he goes to nip your pants or hands give him a stern "NO" and put a toy in his mouth and praise him for chewing on the toy. This correction can be used for any inappropriate chewing. The sooner you start the better. Always watch children around dogs of any age. They are at a perfect level to get snapped, and may not be gentle with the pup. Good luck with your pup! We'd love to see pics of him!

3. ktownchick30

ktownchick30 New Member

A bottle of water or water and vinegar works wonders too. when the pup chews something they are not supposed to a squirt to the face tends to stop the behaviour. I use this for most behaviour corrections, because my dog is pretty much petrified of water, it's very effective. I just have to look at the bottle and he stops.

4. Betty's Daddy

Betty's Daddy New Member

When Betty was that age, I was walking around with toys in my pockets in order to not only teach her that hands were unacceptable, but also give her something immediately to divert her attention.

Repetition is best and I would suggest saying "no biting" every time he makes for your clothes and/or extremities!

5. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

You might want to try some decipline(sp?). Make sure he knows that that is not acceptable to you. 8)