1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

nicknames!

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by bellasmommy, Mar 21, 2004.

1. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

what nicknames do you have for your little furbabies?

bella has a few that she actually responds to (in addition to bella)

we have:

bell bell
    bell
    be (pronounced bay)
    bella (pronounced baya)
    momma
    shayna
    shayna punim
    be be (pronounced bay bay)

believe or not she actually comes to all these names! i really don't know why. but most often i call her be or bell or bella :)

2. nern

nern New Member

Sebastian's nicknames:
    Bass
    Poopy-pants
    Dancy-pants

Natalie's nicknames:
    Phom
    Nata-poo
    Nat

3. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Ranger:
    RangerDanger
    Little Buddy
    Dog
    D.O.G.
    stinky boy

Snickers (Ranger's sister, I don't own her, but she is over playing with Ranger a lot!):
    Snickerdoodle
    Snicky
    Snicks

Snickers comes to most of hers, since they sound so much like her name, but the only one Ranger ever comes to is RangerDanger, since it has his name in it! He will occasionaly come to dog. A few weeks ago Ranger and I were hiking with some friends of ours down a creek, and we stopped to get a drink of water. Well, I had the backpach of waterbottles, and I was calling out names. Rangers had gotten labeled 'dog' since it had been his since he was little and didn't have a name (in other words the first day I brought him home!). I pulled out the bottle and, not recognizing it, even with all of the chewing marks, called 'dog' and he ran over from what he was sniffing and grabbed the water bottle. I don't know if that was chance or if he knows he's dog, but it was pretty funny to those of us watching :) .

4. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

very cute story :lol:

5. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I call him Bails or Babies.... and, of course, monster......and for some reason it's "Little Buddy" when we go for our walks :)

Bailey's daddy calls him Pooky! Don't even ask!....lol.... He actually started out calling him "do-do" (for MONTHS) and finally my mother (Bailey's grandmother) made it very clear to him on Christmas Eve that she did NOT like her calling her grand"son" DO-DO, so that was that! LOL and so then he changed it to POOKY. :?: men. :?: whatevah. :p :)

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

This is a cute thread!

Mickey's nicknames:
    Mickey-boo
    Mickum
    Pooky
    etc.

Tigger's:
    Tigger-roo
    Tigg-a-boo
    Pooky
    etc.

Don't ask where some of those names came from, I don't even know myself. :D And oddly enough, both Mickey & Tigger respond to the word "TREAT"...say that word and they will be at your feet before you know it...go figure!!! LOL :mrgreen:

7. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

nicknames

1. Face
    2. Jackson
    3. Buddy
    4. Silly dog

but mostly it's just Jack!

[​IMG]

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Hey Deb, I love that pic of Jack! hehe..... It made me go back and look at his dogster.com site! hehe... I didn't realize he was still a puppy!!! he's such a big boy :) Does he have any standard poodle in him?

9. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

he just a little thing!!

only ten lbs!! Don't think he will get much bigger maybe 12 at the most

10. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Belle;
    Belly button
    Half-Pint
    Foxie

Fifi;
    Corn chip (hubby started this cause she smells like fritos and she answers to it)
    Baby (daughter calls her this she will only answer to this with my 4yo)

Jasmine;
    Big-Mama (Shes not a mom but she is a husky and compared to the poms she is huge, my 2 yo calls her momma sometimes)
    Jassy
    Jaz-Jaz

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Deb, Jack has the legs of a poodle. Mini poos are anywheres from 10 to 15 lbs.

12. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

i had forgotten to post one of bella's most common nicknames..

monkey!

and yes she responds to that one.. it started when we first got her, i just thought her face looked like a monkey.. the nicknames has grown on everyone so everyone calls her monkey now [​IMG]

13. Poodlemom

Poodlemom New Member

My Sadies nicknames are:

Piggle
    Poodle
    Mucher
    Munchkin
    Pickle

Amazingly she comes to all of those lol

14. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Honey ,we shrunk Kujo
    Toto Butter
    toto puff
    Big Dog
    Larry ,Darrell and his other brother Darrell
    B.A.D ...Bad A_ _ DOG
    Demons from the pit
    Cookie dog
    Tiny Tina Turner
    Balam
    Buddy boys,Buddy girls ,best little buddies in the whole wide world !
    Pooh
    Pooh whos
    Boo Boo Bellies
    Stinker butts
    Smelly willies
    Doodle bugs
    Grubworms
    Baby
    And then they have their names that rhyme like Sammy whammy
    KOKO Poco ,Caesar peaser
    Cleo mio
    Sofie dofie
    Lassie assie
    Blue Balou
    Goofie doofie
    Sheba diva
    Lady adie
    Gidget midget
    Got a million of them and they come when I say their nickname as well as their names ...LOL

15. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe.... goooooood gracious, ilovemaltipoos!! :) Do you have kids? And if so, do they know their real names \:D/

Just joshin' ya :eek:

16. Walt

Walt New Member

My dogs full UKC registered name is (McArthur's Tacoma Sultan)
    However my then six yr old daughter started calling him (Chooch) dodn't ask me what a Chooch is I dont even know if im spelling it rite LOL but now thats all he'll asnwer to :?

Now I ask you does this dog look like a CHOOCH :D

[​IMG]

17. ilovemaltipoos

:shock: yes ,I raised a neice and a nephew ...Adam padam and Missy Misty plus other names I had rather not use ! :wink:
    They would cometo any name cause they always thought if I actually wanted to see one of them I had money ! :mrgreen: LOL ! Have a great day ! 8)

18. ilovemaltipoos

LOoks like a chooch to me ! LOL ! :lol:

19. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

Ok so my lap do isn't exactly small (topping 90 lbs) but I wanted to share his nicknames anyways.

Zeus answers to

Dink
    Dog
    Dinkers
    Baby

He picked up the Dink and Dinkers cause thats what I tell everyone his tail does, it "dinks" he only has a nub, so It is not fair to say that we wags it. I call him Baby when I want him to get on the couch (where he lays in my lap to watch TV) and Dog when I am mad at him. Like when he won't come in, I'll say "come on Dog".

20. ilovemaltipoos

:D That is cute ! Bet he is a sweetie too !