1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

nocturnal fry??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I heard that livebearers are more comfrotable and more likely to begin giving birth when the lights are off, can anyone back this up or is it just a myth?

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

My guppies have always given birth at ight; never during the day.

3. Obelix

Obelix New Member

*Scratches chin then runs and turns off aquarium light* Then it may be ture, Thanks for the reply!

4. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

I don't know about you.. But when my mollies gave birth, they are in the middle of the day... Hmmm.. perahaps people think they usually gave birth in the night because of blackwater :?: :|

5. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

I don't know about you.. But when my mollies gave birth, they are in the middle of the day... Hmmm.. perahaps people think they usually gave birth in the night because of blackwater :?: :|

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Well this will definitally be something to document when I get more females, thanks again for the comments, one my my mollies is a little over a week from giving birth and my guppy is fit to burst so Ill let you all know.

7. mknuth

mknuth New Member

I've had one birthing during the day and one happened over night, so I'm not sure which is the norm.

I don't really think light has anything to do with it, when it's time, it's time! :D

8. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

well comfort levels for the fish is during the night. only one of my fish have given birth during the early hours with lights on but i had so many hiding places so it was ok but my other fish didnt have many places to hude and she gave birth during the night when there was no light.