1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Noise triggered seizures in elderly cat

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginny, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Ginny

Ginny New Member

I've posted before about my old cat Cassie, who was on depo jabs for an allergy. Then she started to have the odd seizure, but was also very jerky at noises such as rustling paper, or sudden bangs, claps etc. She is pretty deaf, but must hear certain pitches, or just feels the vibrations which then make her very jumpy.

Anyway, this weekend she had another fit, triggered by someone putting up a garden parasol with a handle that wound round (no idea what you call them!) and the noise was a clicking sound. Cassie jumped, and I just knew what was going to happen and she was right on the edge of the garden table. I managed to catch her (my arm injuries can prove that!) and held her gently but not tightly until the seizure was over. Then, she just plodded into the kitchen and squeaked for food!

I was looking on the internet to see if I could find anything, and stumbled across this site which I found quite reassuring. So I thought I'd add the link here in case anyone else has the same problems.

http://blog.netnerds.net/2007/04/dealin ... eptic-cat/

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Thanks for the link Ginny. I'm sorry you and poor Cassie are having to go through this. It's pretty sad to see our fur animals getting old and having health issues.